Quantcast

Jesus saves

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
In the midst of all of this drivel something truely amazing happend.

I was home alone (roomie was out with friends) and eating a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of clam chowder at about 8:00 tonight. At some point I laughed at someones innane drivel about being the heart and soul of RM or some other such muck. At any rate, I laughed and aspirated a mouthful of grilled cheese sandwich.

At first I thought the clamping sensation in my throat was the stuff hitting that gag spot in the back of my throat, but after a split second I realized I was feeling wat I have seen many times in others when I was in the CG. Mamalian dive reflex. I was choking. Sitting at my computer in my own home, alone. Choking.

I tried to fish the blockage out of my throat with my finger but couldn.t reach back far enough. I ponderd for a moment how long it would take me to tap out a plea for help hoping that someone on RM might call 911 for me since I could'nt speak into the phone myself. I then hurled myself over the back of a chair in a self applicated heimlich maneuver.

It took 6 or 7 tries and I was getting pretty tired and my vision was closing in before it finnaly worked and I hacked a chunk of food out on the table.

I have flown in a helo in the worst weather you can imagine.
I have been drilled by a 20' wave while surfing.
I have survived a motorcycle wreck that police and paramedics could not believe a human could live through. But tonight, sitting at my computer I was closer to death than I have ever been.

Within about 5 min of the even I had collected my senses and my pulse returned to normal. I have been pondering the meaning of it in the back of my mind since.

What is important? Not me. Not you. Not Ridemonkey.com

Jesus loves you. I love you. VOTD starts again tomorow.

I'm going to go hug my dog and do some praying.

This chunk of food almost killed me.

G

gravity

you're obviously an optimist...... my pessimistic self would say "Jesus almost bloody killed me!"

:D

sorry if i'm taking this a bit lightly.... after reading about the banning and stuff i find it hard to take things too seriously.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Damn True
In the midst of all of this drivel something truely amazing happend.

I was home alone (roomie was out with friends) and eating a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of clam chowder at about 8:00 tonight. At some point I laughed at someones innane drivel about being the heart and soul of RM or some other such muck. At any rate, I laughed and aspirated a mouthful of grilled cheese sandwich.

At first I thought the clamping sensation in my throat was the stuff hitting that gag spot in the back of my throat, but after a split second I realized I was feeling wat I have seen many times in others when I was in the CG. Mamalian dive reflex. I was choking. Sitting at my computer in my own home, alone. Choking.

I tried to fish the blockage out of my throat with my finger but couldn.t reach back far enough. I ponderd for a moment how long it would take me to tap out a plea for help hoping that someone on RM might call 911 for me since I could'nt speak into the phone myself. I then hurled myself over the back of a chair in a self applicated heimlich maneuver.

It took 6 or 7 tries and I was getting pretty tired and my vision was closing in before it finnaly worked and I hacked a chunk of food out on the table.

I have flown in a helo in the worst weather you can imagine.
I have been drilled by a 20' wave while surfing.
I have survived a motorcycle wreck that police and paramedics could not believe a human could live through. But tonight, sitting at my computer I was closer to death than I have ever been.

Within about 5 min of the even I had collected my senses and my pulse returned to normal. I have been pondering the meaning of it in the back of my mind since.

What is important? Not me. Not you. Not Ridemonkey.com

Jesus loves you. I love you. VOTD starts again tomorow.

I'm going to go hug my dog and do some praying.

This chunk of food almost killed me.
Glad you're still with us bro :thumb:.....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Damn True

Thanks D.
It scared the bejeezus out of me, but I am totally fine. Bit of a sore throat (as you might imagine).
isn't it always humbling how something like this can really make you think about your life and all the different aspects of it...i had a similar incident a while ago and it has changed my whole way of thinking...next time I see you we'll share a bit......D

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
glad to hear that you are ok damn true, but i for one don t appreciate the 'jesus saves' line... as we ve all just seen, a number of our brothers have been banished from this place for remarks that don t really belong here... i find your remark in this vein... imagine if i came in here ranting about satan, not that i am a satanist, but imagine how it would go over...

like i said, i m glad that you are ok, but i don t want to read about relegion on a MTB board... not lookin to start a war or anything, just my opinion...

plus, i call a big BS on this line :)

'I have been drilled by a 20' wave while surfing'

i ve been a surfer for more than half my life, growing up in the s/w of west. oz... surfing margret river at home to indo, portugal, japan, ireland and many places inbetween... i have never surfed more than 12' + (and that was pushing it!) got any piccies ? :)

peace

partsbara

Agent Z

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bay Area, CA
How do you do the heimlich maneuver with a chair? I remember teachers talking about it in middle school and high school but have since forgotten.

C

Cheers

Jesus Saves......
Firstly this is the DHDS board, so this is way off topic. Secondly, I find organized religion incredibly offensive as it is the cause for so many deaths. So please keep this in the religion forum. Glad you didn't die though.:dead: :monkey:

G

gravity

Originally posted by Cheers
Jesus Saves......
Firstly this is the DHDS board, so this is way off topic. Secondly, I find organized religion incredibly offensive as it is the cause for so many deaths. So please keep this in the religion forum. Glad you didn't die though.:dead: :monkey:
BEING GLAD SOMEBODY DIDN'T DIE!! BAN HIM!!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Jesus Saves......
word

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
i love grilled cheese, can i have the rest of that sandwich?? :D

(it was a joke, dont you dare mail me that thing True)

glad to hear you are OK man.

dw

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
First off DT, glad you made it :)

Cheers, no offense at all, but don't like this topic, move on to the next one. Simple. Over half of the topics on this DHDS board and NOT DHDS related. I find it interesrting that only the topics that contain SOME religion get attacked... But the 200000 X "which tire will fit my Bullit" posts are fine...

Christian =)

OH and geez, will you quit it with this banning stuff??? Some people acted like idiots and got what they deserved. Disagree? you can always voluntarily join them on the other side in protest.... :eek:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Shortbus
First off DT, glad you made it :)

Cheers, no offense at all, but don't like this topic, move on to the next one. Simple. Over half of the topics on this DHDS board and NOT DHDS related. I find it interesrting that only the topics that contain SOME religion get attacked... But the 200000 X "which tire will fit my Bullit" posts are fine...

Christian =)

OH and geez, will you quit it with this banning stuff??? Some people acted like idiots and got what they deserved. Disagree? you can always voluntarily join them on the other side in protest.... :eek:
'I find it interesrting that only the topics that contain SOME religion get attacked'

because... it doesn t belong here...

have your god, i couldn t care, but i (and others) don t wanna read about it here..

partsbara

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
S O , move on to the next topic. I don't wanna hear about how many combination of tires fit a Bullit. So I don't read about it but i don't go around asking people not to post about it!

C

Cheers

So you are saying that questions about tires are bad, talking about the biggest con artist in history is good...hmmmmm

Sorry, but in this new PC environment I felt it my duty to bring to DT's attention that I was offended. So I am sure as a reasonable guy he will heed my request. :dead: :monkey:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !

So you are saying that questions about tires are bad, talking about the biggest con artist in history is good...hmmmmm

Sorry, but in this new PC environment I felt it my duty to bring to DT's attention that I was offended. So I am sure as a reasonable guy he will heed my request. :dead: :monkey:
you and me both cheers... couldn t have said it better myself

ENUFF

partsbara

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
as much non-biking content that gets posted in this forum and you attack a rider for being happy that he's still able to ride:confused:....hey I know lets all act childish for the next week or so and just start stupid arguements about banning because some idiots who have had it coming for a while are no longer here.....what amazes me is you read the title and didn't have to open this thread but you did anyway.....sounds to me like you're just looking for a fight......D

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA

Hmmmm....I am wondering who "forced" you to suffer your way through this thread? I mean, c'mon! Sounds to me like 2 powerfully different points of view, why is it that you feel your "opinion" (which is all that it is) is the correct one? I see hordes of OT threads here daily, seems to me that your "offense" simply reveals some insecurities that you may have concerning your own existence. I believe it is simply too easy to overlook a thread like this & go on about your business. You should try it. There is nothing "offensive" in this thread, just a guy expressing his gratitude for living & his appreciation for Him he feels responsible for it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOW! Ridemonkey.com almost killed Damn True!!! :eek:

I am glad you are ok, DT. :monkey:

For everyone bickering at Damn True for thanking God he is alive, don't read the post if you don't like it. Cripes, the guy almost died and you're bitching about him mentioning Jesus in a thread. :rolleyes:

C

Cheers

Sorry to offend you all, just don't read my posts then. I mean people get beat on all the time for posting non-related things.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
What did you expect to happen?

Grilled cheese with ketchup!

My dog would choke on that!

P.S. I ain't touching the religious thing.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bmx man - if you bothered to read both myself and cheers were happy to see that DT was ok... as for 'acting childish' i m afraid that your US constitution clearly mentions separation of 'church and state' perhaps u are the one acting childish ???... there is a time and place for 'JESUS SAVES' and this isn t it...

jncarpenter - it is truly laughable questioning 'our own existance'... in my opinion christians in general are the most insecure bunch of all ... many of them clutch to relegion because they NEED to (this should probabally read : christians are too insecure to question what they have been brainwashed with)... no problem here, whatever blows your hair back... refer back to the previous page where both myself and 'cheers' commented that we felt it didn t belong here, neither of us were looking for an argument...

partsbara

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Hey Partsbara, stop saying bad things about Jesus, he's my best friend :)(but he's better friends with DT)
Anyway, what I want to know is, can God run faster than the six-million dollar man?
BTW, when's the Tomac arrive killer? I'll give ya a ring soon about the other stuff too.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Hey Partsbara, stop saying bad things about Jesus, he's my best friend :)(but he's better friends with DT)
Anyway, what I want to know is, can God run faster than the six-million dollar man?
BTW, when's the Tomac arrive killer? I'll give ya a ring soon about the other stuff too.
mate - god is the 6 ZILLION dollar man !

'the other stuff' --- sounds like a drug deal mate :):)

funny rant here pal, guess it s par for the course when u come from the land settled by puritants... not like us convicts :) ... ps valve, jesus isn't your best friend mate, HE HATES YOU !

look forward to speakin to ya

partsbara

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by partsbara
bmx man - if you bothered to read both myself and cheers were happy to see that DT was ok... as for 'acting childish' i m afraid that your US constitution clearly mentions separation of 'church and state' perhaps u are the one acting childish ???... there is a time and place for 'JESUS SAVES' and this isn t it...
partsbara
hmm...maybe you missed this part.....

"what amazes me is you read the title and didn't have to open this thread but you did anyway.....sounds to me like you're just looking for a fight......D"

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by BMXman

hmm...maybe you missed this part.....

"what amazes me is you read the title and didn't have to open this thread but you did anyway.....sounds to me like you're just looking for a fight......D"
the problem , bmx man is that i had to read 'jesus saves'....

partsbara