Quantcast

Jiminy Peak

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
first time on the DH bike this year for me, and it was a fun one...spent two days @ one of my favorite places to ride, Jiminy Peak. day one was spent w/ a couple of local friends, DP and Stork, and we pretty much had the mountain to ourselves. some rain/thunder/lightning stopped the lift for a while (esp after a rain-slicked alpine slide track f'd up some poor woman, who had no brakes and slammed into the barrier at the end of the track), but then we had the place to ourselves until we called it a day at 7PM. fun stuff, but the rain-slicked roots made it a bit of a challenge.

the next day, it dried out quite a bit and the rain held off (though i think it did rain a bit overnight). met up w/ some old NJ friends from mtbr, and also had the pleasure of meeting and riding w/ Jim Mac for the first time. the main lift was in operation, so we bombed down the mountain a bunch of times. found some new to us stuff too; #15 to #16 was a blast!

enough blabbing, here are a few photos taken w/ my aging and now falling apart G2:

DP, following the instructions on his shirt:

stork on the birch drop:

scenic berkshires:

Jim Mac, tearing it up:

chris, as seen from a ladder which was strapped to a tree:

chris, on a drop much bigger than it looks (depending on the speed you get, i'd say it's comparable to the phantom drop @ diablo, albeit w/ far less margin for error):

stork, same drop:

stork on the gap, tail end of the 'condo run' trail:

my camera and i got soaked on this one, but it was worth it:

where he'd go?

end of a successful day, time for food and beer:

a few more can be seen here:
http://narlus.zenfolio.com/p517896442/

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i noticed in your other pics that they put a bridge transition in to smooth out the landing of that drop that you pulled a massive headbang off of when i was there with you(i think that was almost 2 years ago now).

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Saturday was a nice day, until I overshot that drop on #15 and bottomed out (and then crashed into a tree)!

Where is that drop in your pics, Narlus? Is that the white rock drop or somewhere else? I don't seem to remember that one!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we found it later in the day...if you are coming down the trail from the main lift to the lower lift, instead of going straight and riding down that rock face, stay right as normal. but....be looking on your left for a new spur - it will take you right to that ledge.