Quantcast

Jiminy Peak

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Hey guys,

Usually ride Highland and have been to Thunder Mountain and love both. Visiting a friend in Pittsfield mid-September. Are the trails any good at Jiminy and worth riding?

Thanks in advance.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I haven't been in years, because they stopped maintaining the trails. Like, completely. And the hours suck. Big lift opens at noon on the weekends. When they were doing work there, it was awesome. All natural, fast, fun DH stuff. Almost no man made anything. We would make the 2-2 1/2 hour trek regularly. Now that Thunders open, I can't see myself getting back there. But, if you're already out that way, it'd be worth a trip. The lift tickets were really cheap too. 20 something bucks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The terrain is delightfully natural DH, and the trails have a lot of depth. It's not like Highland or Thunder, where you're on one trail to the bottom and it's all perfectly manicured switchbacks top to bottom. There's a variety of really good stuff and some crazy fast sections.

I haven't been in years either, but the trails aren't highland esque; I'd argue that they don't need the same level of maintenance that those trails do. As long as there aren't trees down, they'll be about as good as they ever were.

Give it a shot and report back. If they were open during the week all the way up to the top, I'd be there. They don't care about bikes nearly as much as Thunder does, so it's harder to justify making the trip.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I remember going in 2014.... very raw and steep and fast...
their second lift ( best lift in my opinion ) opened at noon time, which was kind of weird...and thats the lift that gets you to the top

" i " trail was so much fun