Quantcast

Joe Caramia Injury Fundraiser

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Unfortunately, last night my good friend Joseph Caramia was involved in a tragic motorcycle accident leaving him in a coma in critical condition. It is my hope and everyone elses’ hope that he will wake up soon and start a full recovery. In doing so we hope to fundraise donations in aiding his full recovery. Joe is one of the nicest kids I know and one hell of a rider.

Bidding starts at a VERY MODEST 2500-all profits go 100% to the Caramia family in aiding joe's recovery. I can speak for Joe in saying that he will be extremely gracious for any and all donations.

Bike is Brand new and comes with owners manual and all reflectors- Retails at 4200. If you are thinking of a rig for next year please consider doing it a bit early.

Bidding will be "ebay" style. Post up a bid and hopefully we can help him out.

starts at 2600

jbsk8tr91@aol.com for any other donations. Plz mention joe is the message spot

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That really sucks to hear. Huge props to you for doing the bike auction, that is a lot of class man!!! I respect that.

I have nowhere near that much to bid, but is there a paypal fundraiser or something else to donate a few dollars?

Joe is good people, I hope he makes a full, speedy recovery!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That really sucks to hear. Huge props to you for doing the bike auction, that is a lot of class man!!! I respect that.

I have nowhere near that much to bid, but is there a paypal fundraiser or something else to donate a few dollars?

Joe is good people, I hope he makes a full, speedy recovery!
Working on a paypal type fundraiser right now, Once we figure that out ill update it to here, on another note, we got a hit for 2600. :thumb:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
So sad ...I wish him a speedy recovery! let us know when the Paypal thing is up.

Good work on putting this together!

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Very sorry to hear about your friend. This is a great thing you're doing here.

Please let us know when you've set up a donation system.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Ugh... man!

I always looked at all you guys as little brothers... Especially Joe, I've been shredding with him for the past 3 years strong.... (every weekend and in the winters)

Just terrible to see him in this situation.... Joe's a very strong kid and i have high hopes for his recovery!

Justin, you are doing a very good thing for Joe by doing this auction!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
For the Joe Caramia Jam Im doing like 25 piece spread of T shirts. ranging in sizes from small-Xlarge. Looking for someone to offset the cost. My local guy at JR screen is charging $230 for a 25 piece set. small writing on left front breast and picture and writing on the back. looking for someone asap to offset the cost split it of if a couple poeple want to join in. shirts are going to be resold at the jam all proceeds torwards joe

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
For the Joe Caramia Jam Im doing like 25 piece spread of T shirts. ranging in sizes from small-Xlarge. Looking for someone to offset the cost. My local guy at JR screen is charging $230 for a 25 piece set. small writing on left front breast and picture and writing on the back. looking for someone asap to offset the cost split it of if a couple poeple want to join in. shirts are going to be resold at the jam all proceeds torwards joe
Jam info? Everyone likes to jam, especially if it helps out a fellow rider.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've sat next to a close friend who was in a (medically induced) coma. Not exactly a pleasant time. Good to hear he's got a lot of friends looking out for him.

can anyone shed some light on the nature of his accident?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I've sat next to a close friend who was in a (medically induced) coma. Not exactly a pleasant time. Good to hear he's got a lot of friends looking out for him.

can anyone shed some light on the nature of his accident?
The rumor goes that he got yellow and tried to cheat it (by a very small margin) The problem was that the driver of the car saw the light yellow and didnt slow down timing it for green, Joe didnt expect a car in the intersection .1 seconds after it turned green and the driver didnt expect joe in the intersection .1 after it turned red. Joe collided into the car's side head on :(

*however, this is all rumor, the "official" story isnt out yet, nor will we ever know since there were no traffic cameras

dirt_hurter

Chimp
Oct 7, 2011
Ummm, by chance... Did this fellow happen to have a Pinkbike account, by the nic, "foxmtbing" ?

Im a member there,(since05) Im located in B.C Canada.

I purchased(or tried to,I PAID... they never showed..) some 823'S on Superduty hubs from a... Joe Caramia, ( turns out, also out of) NJ.

Was he recently in:..... myrtle beach south Carolina...? Also, QUOTE: "A couple weeks ago I did some damage on my elbow riding. That was a trip to the hospital and about a week and a half no work"

We "were working" on a repayment plan(he really is a nice guy),regarding them, and then.... the contact
just stopped.....
The last msg i received was.... Sep 26, 2011 at 10:30
foxmtbing says: .

As it now has been awhile since.... I was pretty annoyed, as i hate being ignored, especially when owed $(to be honest) . I was just about ready to call the cops frankly...

Buuuut, as i "TOTALLY" hate that idea too! I started doing some internet surfing/snooping, and found this thread!!!

It certainly would seem, to explain things (now) !

Id say... "looks like" i found my guy, and I "WILL NOT" be calling any fuzz!

Im SURE, that, would have been just awful, for the parents/family, at this time! IM SUPER GLAD, i found this thread, and "didnt" cause that grief, @ least!

Best Wishes to you and yours, and a, Speedy recovery Joe!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Ummm, by chance... Did this fellow happen to have a Pinkbike account, by the nic, "foxmtbing" ?

Im a member there,(since05) Im located in B.C Canada.

I purchased(or tried to,I PAID... they never showed..) some 823'S on Superduty hubs from a... Joe Caramia, ( turns out, also out of) NJ.

Was he recently in:..... myrtle beach south Carolina...? Also, QUOTE: "A couple weeks ago I did some damage on my elbow riding. That was a trip to the hospital and about a week and a half no work"

We "were working" on a repayment plan(he really is a nice guy),regarding them, and then.... the contact
just stopped.....
The last msg i received was.... Sep 26, 2011 at 10:30
foxmtbing says: .

As it now has been awhile since.... I was pretty annoyed, as i hate being ignored, especially when owed $(to be honest) . I was just about ready to call the cops frankly...

Buuuut, as i "TOTALLY" hate that idea too! I started doing some internet surfing/snooping, and found this thread!!!

It certainly would seem, to explain things (now) !

Id say... "looks like" i found my guy, and I "WILL NOT" be calling any fuzz!

Im SURE, that, would have been just awful, for the parents/family, at this time! IM SUPER GLAD, i found this thread, and "didnt" cause that grief, @ least!

Best Wishes to you and yours, and a, Speedy recovery Joe!
Thats him, and i can promise you he will come through on the wheels, i do think it will take a while though, he is currently still in a coma. He absolutely DID hurt his arm, Sometimes he doesnt have the best luck but he is a straight up kid that wouldnt scam anybody, he is a great friend of mine, and i know the wheels he was selling to you.

Elbow crash in this video

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Joseph Caramia is a stand up guy..... Please send me a PM and let me knwo how much he owes you... i will reply whatever he owes you!

dirt_hurter

Chimp
Oct 7, 2011
Well thanks everyone, for the quick replys! Wow that was, some meat damage, on his elbow, ouch!!! He never went into much detail... Thanks for the vid btw! Well thats sad, to hear it is him then!

dirt_hurter

Chimp
Oct 7, 2011
I tried to pm you WhoRyder,but it seems, to not let me? Send you a msg? It says i have 0 in or sent msgs!? I just signed up on here mind you, so i am not familiar with this layout yet on here to, sooo.... I can be reached @ damajicmaker@yahoo.com

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Posts deleted. Mr 4 posts - you'd be wise to take this to email or PM. Joe is in a coma, and someone offered to try and help out, but is of absolutely no responsibility to do so. Don't cock up this thread anymore. You have your answers. It's an unfortunate situation, but I'd say the Caramia family has slightly more urgent matters to attend to at the moment.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Posts deleted. Mr 4 posts - you'd be wise to take this to email or PM. Joe is in a coma, and someone offered to try and help out, but is of absolutely no responsibility to do so. Don't cock up this thread anymore. You have your answers. It's an unfortunate situation, but I'd say the Caramia family has slightly more urgent matters to attend to at the moment.
Thank you!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Being a Diablo local of sorts, I'm very sorry to hear of this. I believe I've met Joey a few times while riding there - demo9 - any updates on his condition? What hospital is he in? (you can PM me to retain privacy) I'd like to send something on behalf of the guys. :)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Being a Diablo local of sorts, I'm very sorry to hear of this. I believe I've met Joey a few times while riding there - demo9 - any updates on his condition? What hospital is he in? (you can PM me to retain privacy) I'd like to send something on behalf of the guys. :)
At this point i believe he is out of the hospitol and into rehab.(ill find out the address and PM you) He is actually doing great and from what i hear has his wits about him (or as much as he can) He cannot talk yet, but he has been making astonishing progress. Its a long road, but it seems he is doing everything in his power to do it as fast as he rides his bike. Its great news and we look forward to seeing him back.

EDIT ^^dont hold me to exact details, as its still just what i can catch down the grapevine. Its very difficult to get in touch with his family, but i will get all the details to you as soon as i can.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
dirt hurter, as a poor person who, once they set down money for a part, needs it or they don't get to ride, i understand wanting to get this figured out. However, you're being a total douche about it and nobody has any sympathy for you. you don't need to go make huge posts explaining what a douche you are, we get it. Here would be a much more subtle way: give them two more weeks, pm demo 9, and either get in touche with his family through him, or have demo 9 take care of it. I'm sure nobody is trying to cheat you

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
1 Year later bump, taken today from his brother. Long recovery and im not sure about his real return to DH, but its one of the happiest things i can see when i log onto facebook and see this photo