Quantcast

Joe Pozer & Acadian's weekend in Tahoe

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Last weekend Joe and I went to South Lake Tahoe for a weekend of epic trail riding! I won't bore you with words and let the pics talk for themselves.

Saturday – Mr. Toads Wild Ride.
Few minutes into the initial climb Joe realized that his shock is too soft – good thing Acadian carries everything but the kitchen sink – including a shock pump :thumb:

Falls on the way up..

Up Rim tail we went

Finally the top – here is Joe

Both of us chillin’ at the top

Oh yeah…Mr. Toads here we come…

Joe coming down upper rock section

My turn…

Joe Pozer coming down the stair section

Nice landscaped berm..

Ride profile

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Sunday – Rim and Flume Trail.

Rim Trail on the way to flume

Top of Rim

Joe

Me

Pano:

Now on Flume
Lake Tahoe

Sand Harbor

Marlotte Lake

Ride Profile

That is all...I'm still smiling and day dreaming after those two rides...

Life is so damn good when you are on your bike! :thumb: :agree:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The sky doesn't seem to get that blue here...

Good stuff.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
awesome acadian... sweet photos and cool GPS info... good time

i love nor cal... just did a 20 mile or so ride outside of GV... damn it was hot... we are about an hour from tahoe... haven t ridden there (yet) but it looks awesome... we re on d-ville early tomorrow... 8 am shuttle... sweeeeeeettttttttt

edit - i just looked over the GPS info... very sweet... ok, i ll be the first to ask... how much ??? :)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
The rainbow flag model that you ride when you come to within 20 minutes of a friend's house but you don't call him because you obviously have brokeback intentions deep in the woods that must not be discovered.
approved

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Thanks guys…I’m usually too absorbed by the riding and never think of taking pics – glad you guys like them.

partsbara: I use a Garmin Edge 305. you can also get the 205 which is the same but without the HR monitor and cadence. They run between $433 and $270 (www.garmin.com) The Motion Based service is like $100 a year.

MMcG: 06 MkIII Team - bought the bike complete then use my own select bits. http://www.pinkbike.com/news/SRAM-MkIII-Feature.html

Kidwoo: suck it up princess :devil:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sweet pics yo! Love Toads, never ridden flume because most people I talk to say that other than the views it isn't much of a trail...thoughts? I'd like to do it as a night ride on a full moon sometime.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
OGRipper said:
never ridden flume because most people I talk to say that other than the views it isn't much of a trail...thoughts?
If you've never ridden Flume, you should at lest do it once. Yeah Flume isn’t anything more than a flat almost-double track trail. But the views are amazing.

We did the loop counterclockwise – starting off with a climb on TRT. The descent from the top of rim all the way down to the start of Flume was pretty damn fun! :thumb: The climb up there sucked tho – especially the leg between Spooner lake and start of Rim (e.g. a lot of sandy fire road climb)

I've done it once but it's going to be a while before I do it again. I would much rather ride Toads...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I agree. The Flume trail is boring, but I guess you should do it just once so that you can say you gave it a try. Pretty view.

but I would wait a couple of months and do it when no one is out and about. i can picture that trail getting pretty busy during the summer.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thanks acadian... i sent a link of this thread to my missus in korea... she is psyched... she was so amped that she put this shot as her wall paper... gotta love a woman like that :thumb:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Holy mother of god. Beautiful pics of a beautiful part of the world.

And WTF? Luc's got hair?