Quantcast

Joe Pozer & Acadian's weekend in Tahoe

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If I don't get runned over while raising the roof, I will be there Thursday next week.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
kidwoo said:
Don't you have a freakin cross country bike?

But yeah we can so some dh too/in lieu of. I haven't ridden my turner in like 5 months.
no true xc bike.... evil doc / djII... heavy, but as xc as i manage...

og - we had d-ville today.. 8am shuttle... awesome... i m always keen for more d-ville...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Wow... Nice ride.
I remember the last time I tried to ride Toads, it was after an El Ninyo year, and the top was still covered in snow (in August). Rob and I couldn't find the start of the trail up top and had to "back country" half way down the mtn through creeks and over boulders. Took us as long to get down as it took to get up.
LOVE the views up there though.

Looks like a fun time.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
partsbara said:
og - we had d-ville today.. 8am shuttle... awesome... i m always keen for more d-ville...

I'm heading up during the day next Friday, hope to do a run during the day then rest up for the race Saturday morning. Last year I was completely hung over for the race and could barely turn the pedals, so I'm committed to staying relatively sober Friday night. That's my plan anyway, we'll see how it goes... But after the race, it's on, and I'd love to raise a few with you and the Saddle Tramps at the post-race party downtown...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
I'm heading up during the day next Friday, hope to do a run during the day then rest up for the race Saturday morning. Last year I was completely hung over for the race and could barely turn the pedals, so I'm committed to staying relatively sober Friday night. That's my plan anyway, we'll see how it goes... But after the race, it's on, and I'd love to raise a few with you and the Saddle Tramps at the post-race party downtown...
alcoholic...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
It was so bad, I wanted them to turn off the river because the sound of it hurt my head.

It was 80 degrees or whatever and I had the shivers in the start gate.
Could have been worse. My buddy Tim Goat drank it up the night before the XC race, then all volunteers laughed it up as he rode by them along the course, finishing in the last half of Sport.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
Could have been worse. My buddy Tim Goat drank it up the night before the XC race, then all volunteers laughed it up as he rode by them along the course, finishing in the last half of Sport.
Is that worse than the time we threw down booze at Lord Jim's and you had to race the duathalon the next day? That was a bad scene.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
Is that worse than the time we threw down booze at Lord Jim's and you had to race the duathalon the next day? That was a bad scene.
That was a sad day in my racing career.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
That was a sad day in my racing career.
but an ohhhh so fun the night before. i was still drunk the next morning, but i have a cloudy memory of you getting passed by old ladies on cruiser bikes.

i guess i know what NOT to do before the downieville race.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
but an ohhhh so fun the night before. i was still drunk the next morning, but i have a cloudy memory of you getting passed by old ladies on cruiser bikes.

i guess i know what NOT to do before the downieville race.
drink with canadiens?

ps my arm was still sore the next day.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Acadian said:
Last weekend Joe and I went to South Lake Tahoe for a weekend of epic trail riding! I won't bore you with words and let the pics talk for themselves.
What a great weekend...can't wait to ride up there once again