Quantcast

Josh Bender

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man why does everybody hate on the dude. sure he hucked huge stuff, sure he got relly famous (or infamous) for it but the guy is a pioneer and super nice. he started the red bull rampage and if you showed up at his house or gave him a call homeboy would most certainly take you on some fun trail rides. Dont hate him for what he does.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
He seems like a pretty cool guy and he does some crazy stuff. You'd be suprised at some of the bikers who are at the top of the loop. Some can be very nasty because it all goes to your head, but others can be the coolest guys you ever meet.

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Check the Silverton resort page. They had a couple of him on there. I rode with him and his brother twice last summer and he is a real cool guy.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
He is a really nice guy, and I do like him, but he is a complete idiot. Last I talked to him, his address was the parking spot for his van. Other than the balls to huck off of big cliffs, he has no employable skills. He thinks he'll make a living forever off of jumping off cliffs. Funny, he tries bigger stuff than anyone, but others have actually landed bigger than he has, and with more style.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
El Jefe said:
complete idiot. Funny, he tries bigger stuff than anyone, but others have actually landed bigger than he has, and with more style.
Please look in the mirror my friend... :heart:

The HLD shares much in common with Josh - I will give you that the HLD does better at making a living - but I seem to recall the HLD stacking it up high and hard on MUCH smaller stuff than Josh...

Josh is a nice guy and has huge ballz and he stacks alot - so do other people...so what?

look at the injury list of some of the "heroes" of this sport every year - the big names get hurt stacking too...

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
A "complete idiot"? Some one who has devoted his life to riding his bike is a "complete idiot"? Since when is the name of the game being "employable". I thought this was a bike forum. If he has figured out how to ride his bike with out being employed then he is a smarter man than I.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Oh cool, just what we needed another thread bashing or not bashing Bender.
Who cares, go ride.

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
El Jefe said:
He is a really nice guy, and I do like him, but he is a complete idiot. Last I talked to him, his address was the parking spot for his van. Other than the balls to huck off of big cliffs, he has no employable skills. He thinks he'll make a living forever off of jumping off cliffs. Funny, he tries bigger stuff than anyone, but others have actually landed bigger than he has, and with more style.
Interesting, he'll be interested to hear this obscure view on his life from some stiff on the net.

Yes, Groundhog Day........

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
El Jefe said:
:stosh: ..........

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i never said i hated him, seem alright. met him a couple times. just pinkbike has TONS of pics of him

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Fonzie18 said:
:stosh: ..........
Just because I'm right, don't kill the messenger for the message. I spent some time with Josh, and the fact is that he isn't very bright, nor motivated to do much more than huck cliffs, smoke pot and have sex. I'm not saying any of these things are pursuits that should not be enjoyed, but when you have no other means of making a living, and other guys are landing bigger and and with more style, not to mention marketing themselves more effectively, it's time to take a step back and think about what you're doing with your life. I hope Josh does that and comes out on top. I do like him.

BMXman said:
I'm beginning to think El Jefe is an idiot...since when did he become the judge of everyone???...D
You're just now figuring that out? Don't let the condescending attitude fool you, I'm a huge idiot....duh. :D

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Kevin said:
Who do you think is better Bender or Simmons? :nopity:

Simmons all the way.....Bender reminds me or Seth Enslow...the person willing to do the stupid crap no one else is wants to try...most of the time it ends in a pile, sometimes it go right and you look like the hero.

Having witnessed the Infamous Park City pile up, I can say the guys got no brains, every rider there knew he was going to wad it up.

nickaziz

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
El Jefe said:
Clearly, making money and being "employable" are not the goals of most pro riders. If they wanted to make a decent living, they would not be riding bikes all day. Bender is in it for the love of the sport, like all pro mtb riders.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
nickaziz said:
Clearly, making money and being "employable" are not the goals of most pro riders. If they wanted to make a decent living, they would not be riding bikes all day. Bender is in it for the love of the sport, like all pro mtb riders.

Actually I'd say that's not true, alot of them, the smarter ones work very hard at giving themselves something to do down the road, you can't race forever, and you need to be able to live and pay the bills once your done.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Zutroy said:
Simmons all the way.....Bender reminds me or Seth Enslow...the person willing to do the stupid crap no one else is wants to try...most of the time it ends in a pile, sometimes it go right and you look like the hero.

Having witnessed the Infamous Park City pile up, I can say the guys got no brains, every rider there knew he was going to wad it up.
LOL Someone actually responded to that :nuts:
Someone please close this topic before it becomes nasty in here with people comparing Bender to Seth. Those two guys are both in a legue of their own.

animal 52

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Five stars for this thread! It's been a ****ty day and this thread just made me laugh out loud. This is by far the best thread I've seen on here in weeks. (maybe I just have a weird sense of humor)