Quantcast

Jump spots in/around LA

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
well theres another post someones back visiting and wants to get out, im down to go hit kenter over the weekend. or if someones nice enough to show us the hidden pas/alt spots :)

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i can ride kenter friday. are u free in the mornings? id rather ride morning or early evening when its not so hot

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
we should plan a shuttle sunday for g or wsly. i would be interested in hitting this up sunday morning if anyone is interested... im not that great of a jum per yet still kinda learning the big hits but i am always willing to try....

an6

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
marlopez said:
yo. im gonna be home this weekend and maybe planning on riding on friday if there are people around that day. if u wanna ride let me know. i know both trails. oh you should probably edit your post b/c people dont like those trail names posted since theyre not legal
What's up Mario?!? I'm out of town this weekend, dang, would have been good to ride w/ you again. You coming down any other times?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
AN6 Freerider said:
we should plan a shuttle sunday for g or wsly. i would be interested in hitting this up sunday morning if anyone is interested... im not that great of a jum per yet still kinda learning the big hits but i am always willing to try....

an6
can't ride sunday, im heading back to slo that day. but i can ride friday. kenter is real easy. and its fun even if u dont jump too well.

bfranke said:
What's up Mario?!? I'm out of town this weekend, dang, would have been good to ride w/ you again. You coming down any other times?
sup brian. that sucks youre gonna be out of town. but im gonna be back in LA ont he 22nd till mid-sept. so ill be able to ride everyday and ill have both bikes. so we'll ride for sure.

so it's definite im riding friday at kenter if anyone wants to go.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
umm doesn't matter. realistically morning to me would be like 12. haha so whenever you wanna go im down. around 4ish sound good?

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
AN6 Freerider said:
anyone riding g or woolsey this weekend. never been to wilson or pasadena.

where is the riding going down. from the sfv

AN6
Im not trying to be a forum nazi but please minimize using trailhead names that start with W,G and K(pm's work great here). I know they are known but first rule of fight club........ And one of those now has a fence and a guard shack at the bottom with "no trespassing signs" to great you on the way out. Now back to out regulary scheduled program. :thumb:

JBsoxorz

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
LA
if your into the whole park thing, they just opened up a skatepark in santa monica..... olympic and 14th.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
marlopez said:
ill be there from 3ish until i get tired of riding. ill be the filipino dude w/ the silver specialized sx.
damn,, if i can get off in time i might be out, ill be the flip on the gray/black ironhorse HT. blue/silver lid

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
IMALLSLO said:
Im not trying to be a forum nazi but please minimize using trailhead names that start with W,G and K(pm's work great here). I know they are known but first rule of fight club........ And one of those now has a fence and a guard shack at the bottom with "no trespassing signs" to great you on the way out. Now back to out regulary scheduled program. :thumb:
Honestly, I appreciate your concern....these places are not going to be around after a while....it is too bad. I don't think you are being a "nazi."

Just my .02 cents

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
So, I went to this jump spot in the *ahem* Brentwood area recently.... I was there Saturday morning. No mountain bikers at all. A few kids on BMX bikes only. The place is very ridable still. The jumps (IMHO) are more geared towards BMX bikes it seems. However, we had a spectacular time and nobody got hurt, that's the important thing.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
yo bro sorry bout not being there i was hoping to get some riding in before i had dinner that night it was the bday so was hoping but didnt happen.. should be out sometime this week and weekend though if anyone wants to ride any of the "local spots"

AN6

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
pURE SICKNESS. The picture and the video do this one no justice. I stood atop the launch side two weeks ago and my sack nearly shriveled up. Glad to see someone hit it. :thumb:

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
IMALLSLO said:
pURE SICKNESS. The picture and the video do this one no justice. I stood atop the launch side two weeks ago and my sack nearly shriveled up. Glad to see someone hit it. :thumb:
I heard that bro! Definitely a heart beater, can't wait to hit that up again.

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
bfranke said:
I heard that bro! Definitely a heart beater, can't wait to hit that up again.
Bruno's video was pretty tight too. I wish we could get 4 different cameras and edit it together for the full set.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
dude brian you need to take me there man... i swear.. looks sick...dude madd styles bro...should do a trip up there sometime soon....

an6

you gonna ride this weekend bro?if so where?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
went out to K sunday evening.. met a few folks, there was a smokin hot little chica in full spandex :D one dude that was straight killin it top to effin bottom :cool:

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
fiddy_ryder said:
went out to K sunday evening.. met a few folks, there was a smokin hot little chica in full spandex :D one dude that was straight killin it top to effin bottom :cool:
I was there last night too. That chica in the spandex was hot! I was the tall guy with the red moto helmet and a black Kona HT. What bike were you on?

There was guy on the Kona full suspension killing it at the bottom!

Scott

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i was the filipino guy on the iron horse hardtail. blue/silver helmet. I think we all took off at the same time. Yah it was the black dude on the stinky,, ill.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
fiddy_ryder said:
i was the filipino guy on the iron horse hardtail. blue/silver helmet. I think we all took off at the same time. Yah it was the black dude on the stinky,, ill.
Yup, we sure did.

The dude on the Stinky hit the last two double way bigger than I have seen anyone else do it. He was close to 20 feet up. Pretty sick.

IMALLSLO

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Alhambra,Ca
Nagaredama said:
Yup, we sure did.

The dude on the Stinky hit the last two double way bigger than I have seen anyone else do it. He was close to 20 feet up. Pretty sick.
The guy on the Stinky is Craig Bonner. Very smooth rider/jumper.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Damn, everybody really is on this forum. I was the guy on the P2.
At least all you guys know where spandex girl works :thumb:
Be on the lookout for an Azonic Saber up there soon...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
tgreathead said:
Damn, everybody really is on this forum. I was the guy on the P2.
At least all you guys know where spandex girl works :thumb:
Be on the lookout for an Azonic Saber up there soon...
i might have to stop in the shop to pick up some parts :sneaky:

ill probably be out there this weekend again. maybe tomo early am,, more likely evening and then sunday evening unless someone else coughs up info on another spot.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Nagaredama said:
Trust me you are way better off where we met on Sunday.

cool beans.,, ive been itchin to ride now that im starting to get back into the groove ive been out of for so many years. its a damn pain in the ass to get out there during the week so it looks like ill be going 2x a weeked. especially if the XC chica shows up again in that same outfit :D

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I might be up there again Sunday evening. I'm not really gonna jump until I get my new bike built but I will be riding the 151 a few times (has anyone counted lately, I'm sure its more now)

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
bfranke said:
A few of us will be at the whoops tomorrow am, 8ish. Might have a lil photo session also.
shoot, I'm gone tomorrow morning. A bunch of us are going at around 4 or 5 tomorrow. dv8cam is bringing some guys and Nargaredama should be there too. Who knows, I may even be on a new bike...

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
well if im not shuttling i might roll up..

wont be on my ht yet but i will see what i can do..

see you all there if im not doing some sick ass shuttle runss tom

an6

bfranke hit me up later on my phone if you might be down to do some shuttling at the spots we were talking about last time

an6