Quantcast

Jump to end of thread button on mobile

Discussion in 'vBulletin Archive' started by jonKranked, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jonKranked

jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep/Likes:
    298 / 2,364
    on the mobile interface, the button on the right side (which i'm guessing is the jump to end of thread or latest post button) doesn't link to the last page of the thread. jumps to some random page towards the end, but not the very end. cookies?

#1 -   Jan 9, 2013

Please register to disable this ad.

2. binary visions

binary visions The voice of reason

Rep/Likes:
    74 / 311
    It's supposed to jump to the first unread post in the thread. It looks like it still works for me - has the behavior changed? That is, did it used to work like you expect, but now doesn't?

#2 -   Jan 9, 2013
  3. jonKranked

Rep/Likes:
    298 / 2,364
    Even after going to the last page it will still kick me back earlier in the thread.

Example, a thread that's 8 pages, it'll take me to page 6. I'll get to the end of the thread, then go back to the sub forum thread list. If I click the jump to button again, it'll still take me back to page 6.

This has only started in the last few days. Prior to that it was working fine.

Tried clearing my cookies, didn't work.

Fwiw through throughout the day I browse from both my phone and desktop at work. Only having the problem on my phone.

#3 -   Jan 9, 2013
  4. jonKranked

Rep/Likes:
    298 / 2,364
    so the jump to last unread post seems to be working now.

but another issue cropped up in its place... if I use the multi-quote select buttons to reply to multiple posts it works, but after I post, they aren't deselected and continue to show up when I try to respond to another post (even if i click the button to reply to a single post). Again, only on mobile. Chrome / Android if it helps.

5. Sandwich

Sandwich just shake your rump
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    50 / 444
    As for the button, it depends on the device a bit. I've noticed that in the long threads, if I'm at work and click the new button, it goes straight to the end/latest unread post. If i go home and pop on the ipad, it goes to the same "first new post" that was there in the morning.

6. BikeMike

BikeMike Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    FWIW I was having a similar problem from a SGS2, where it would jump to some page near the end and always that page. Now it seems to be working though.