Quantcast

Jumpy Jumpy

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I saw these crazy guys on bikes today. They were jumping and endangering themselves all just for the sake of pushing their limits, expanding their abilities and having fun, can you believe it. I stopped and took pictures of this wild bunch as they cleared LONG jumps that stepped down at least 10+ feet while reaching about 35+ feet. Very cool to see.

I am not going to tell the location, that is up to the guys on the bikes. All I can say is it is outside of Colorado Springs :think:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You know... Leedotcom could probably calculate the speed of travel in the sequence shot using the measurement of a Banshee Scream wheelbase, a roll of duct tape, three spoons and the rapid fire shutter speed of your camera.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Full Trucker said:
You know... Leedotcom could probably calculate the speed of travel in the sequence shot using the measurement of a Banshee Scream wheelbase, a roll of duct tape, three spoons and the rapid fire shutter speed of your camera.
He is quite the McGuiver of the Calculator... I bet he could do it just the duct tape and the spoons though :p

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
nice pix josh. i would say based on my pinkbike calculator the jump is 33' across by 8' down. but i am shorter than you so you may be right on. anyway its a gnarl hit that since adam nailed i guess i will have to try today. btw adam is killing it lately. elliot? he always kills it so nothing new there. that spot is fun though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
dream4est said:
...i would say based on my pinkbike calculator the jump is 33' across by 8' down...
I would say that a 'properly' calibrated Pinkbike Calculator™ would figure that as a 16' stepdown over a 47' foot gap, give or take a dozen feet or so (usally give, in the case of a Pinkbike Calculator™)...

:p

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Full Trucker said:
I would say that a 'properly' calibrated Pinkbike Calculator™ would figure that as a 16' stepdown over a 47' foot gap, give or take a dozen feet or so (usally give, in the case of a Pinkbike Calculator™)...

:p
i forgot to divide my numbers by my age and multiply by my i.q. sorry. so by your pinkbike calculator full truckee (ive been waiting to call you that for awhile) what would you say the drop there is? i think its 11' foot to case. that drop is soooooo fun.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I don't know, considering his front tire in the right side of the sequence is just at the case point and you can see the lip... I am saying that lip to case is at least 11 feet but possibly more like 13-14 then to where they land it is more like 15-17. Although I am with FT, my pinkbike calculator came up with 52.5 ft with a 23ft drop. (i buttered it everytime but somehow my headtube snapped off :p)