Quantcast

....Just ahead of Emily--Honeymoon pics.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi folks!!!!

Just got back from my honeymoon on the island of Isla Mujeras, just off the coast of Mexico. The week was incredible.....so much sun, delicious food, and wonderful people it's hard to describe to you in words how much fun it was to be a part of this culture for a week. The locals went out of their way to accomodate whatever you wanted, and......well did I mention the food? Justine and I ate like royalty for sooooo cheap. Grilled lobster and shrimp for two with all the beer we could drink plus nachos was around 350 pesos---or about 35 dollars!! :cool: Y'all gotts to hit this place up if you ever get the chance. It's not for everyone---especially if you're spoiled, and like 5-star accomodations for everything. But, if you're down-to-earth, like white sand beaches, cold 2x1 beer, sunshine, and the best seafood you'll ever eat...then you may just want to think about this place for your next vacation.

Our adventure begins at the Grand Puerto ferry dock:

Fifteen minutes and 5 nautical miles later, we arrive on Isla Mujeras:

Lots of palm trees, white sand, and cold beer await----did I mention the Mango margaritias? REAL MANGO MARGARITIAS!!!!!

Bonita:

Muy bonita:

South end of the Island--Punta Sur.

Sculpture garden on Punta Sur:

Gardens at Punta Sur:

Local floura:

More:

Uno Mas:

Local Cemetery:

More:

Shell House...seriously, it was shaped like a conch shell.

Coral rock:

Justine checking out the approaching winds from Hurricane Emily:

My scooter and mi esposa:

Lighthouse in front of our hotel:

Local streets:

Our hotel:

Room---spartan, but squeaky clean.

Hunk of sculpture:

More coral:

Local businesses:

My kind of place:

J

JRB

Looks awesome, bro. Congrats. The shell house looks like it has a ridemonkey sticker on the door at first glance. The wife looks pretty sassy with that scooter.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Oh man, we love Isla Mujeras. We spent all of our time there when we went to Cancun. We plan on getting back there soon.

It looks like you guys had a blast. Congrats to you two.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Carbon Fetish said:
Congrats! And cool pictures. I hate it when I get something smudged on the lens.

Leave it to the :monkey: to catch everything!!

But notice I caught it and got it clean, so it was just a few pics that had it. What?..........you don't like my soap-opera-dream-sequence-blur-effect? ;) :thumb:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
I saw that -- but not being a picture guy, I thought you had some fancy filter on there or something.

Awesome pics, by the way.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Nice pictures, congrats on your recent wedding. I agree with you though.. This is my favorite

11am til you are drunk.. Classic