Quantcast

Just got this thing - I love it

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I want that, that is bad ass.

Any chance you can provide a ride report/details?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2010
I want that, that is bad ass.

Any chance you can provide a ride report/details?

The bike is stiff and light. The small wheels makes for twitchy handling. It rides like a nervous chihuahua. I'd call it a sprinter bike. Fun, and will be great for short urban commutes.

I'd still want a hybrid with 700cc wheels. However, this Hooligan - I think of it as a high-end folder like Bike Friday without the ability to fold.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
The bike is stiff and light. The small wheels makes for twitchy handling. It rides like a nervous chihuahua. I'd call it a sprinter bike. Fun, and will be great for short urban commutes.

I'd still want a hybrid with 700cc wheels. However, this Hooligan - I think of it as a high-end folder like Bike Friday without the ability to fold.
I have a singlespeed roadie with 700c wheels. Its ok...gets the job done. But I dig that thing so much more.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm thinking it would be sweet for our Light Rail system here in Phoenix. You bring your bike inside, hang it on a hook by the front wheel. This would be a lot less cumbersome than a full sized bike.

Plus its weird and different and I love that. Only put off is the price...I'm almost positive my local Cannondale shop will have one though, the owner loves stuff like this.

Apr 28, 2010
I'm thinking it would be sweet for our Light Rail system here in Phoenix. You bring your bike inside, hang it on a hook by the front wheel. This would be a lot less cumbersome than a full sized bike.

Plus its weird and different and I love that. Only put off is the price...I'm almost positive my local Cannondale shop will have one though, the owner loves stuff like this.
The price is not so off-putting when you consider I paid $400 out the door for the Hooligan 3. I guess the bike shop just wanted to get rid of it. New.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma

Can you fit a mtn bike wheel on the front? Would make it much less sketchy I bet.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So went to my LBS today and, sure enough, they had a Hooligan hanging on the wall. It was the derailleur version, without the trick rigid-lefty fork.

They were pretty slammed though, so I couldn't do much more than look at it.
I'm hoping I can try it out on a day when they are less busy.

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I thought I was the only person who liked that thing lol I dunno why but I do...it seems like something fun to scoot around the block on and then bust your ass trying to do some sort of trick on it lol