Quantcast

Just made up a cheesecake !!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oy - it's midnight, the cheesecake is almost done.

After a long day of packing, moving, packing, moving...it comes to light - Mom didn't pick up the special cake for Dad's bday tomorrow. Nor do we have any Easter stuff ready for my niece, who's here with her mom and my brother to help with the move.

So after dinner (9:15 tonight) I rush home, get to the store at just past 10. Buy the Tofutti version of Cream Cheese, some butter cookies that are wheet/gluten free, some butter, a basket, some chocolate thingies and a stuffed bunny.

Got in - looked around my kitch for inspiration - then it struck. And I got baking. :)

Blackberry & Dark Chocolate swirl cheesecake. (soy obviously and no wheeet/gluten free).

The Black berry comes from the homemade blackberry jam Steve makes every year. I had a bag of dark chocolate chips in my freezer.

Hoping it turns out as good as it smells...five minutes to go.

:D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Ack! I totally didn't think of pictures. :) Haven't had a chance to taste it yet...we moved and moved and moved until everyone was too tired and dirty to do birthday stuff today. Tomorrow I'll try and take a pic before dad dives in. :)

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
oooh i have a great cheesecake tip... do you cook it in a water bath? Keeps it sooooooo moist

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
clancy98 said:
oooh i have a great cheesecake tip... do you cook it in a water bath? Keeps it sooooooo moist
No actually, though I haven't had too much problem with my cheesecakes not being most...:confused:

What exactly do you mean by a water bath?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
I assume you are using a springform pan... wrap it in foil so its water tight, put the pan in a bigger pan full of water.... then in the oven. keeps the outside towards the pan from drying out.

CLancy

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
clancy98 said:
I assume you are using a springform pan... wrap it in foil so its water tight, put the pan in a bigger pan full of water.... then in the oven. keeps the outside towards the pan from drying out.

CLancy
:) neat trick! I'll try it next time.