Quantcast

Just my Luck, Stuck Dump Truck....

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Everything was moving too fast in building this freeride park.
Our source of free fill dirt got their dump truck stuck and will not return. :mumble:

A small set back, but I was really hoping to get this whole park knocked out before next spring....
Here is the play by play...
rear view of stuck truck, the mound of dirt in the foreground is just from cutting the XC trail and not from the truck.

The truck Dropping a load:

The "Money Shot":

A current picture of the future freeride park (beginner's section)

And the only way to get a dump truck out of the park..... :nope:
Hopefully this won't set us back too far, and we didn't piss anyone off.

J

JRB

I don't get it. He got stuck??? You blocked him in with the pile??? He got stuck and you borrowed someone's track loader??? You broke all the tail lights out??? I'm missing something. But yes, if you borrowed the loader, people can get pissed. Something about untrained kids on $175,000 machines does that to them. :D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I wasn't there.
I wasn't even told of the delivery but yeah, all the equipment was "borrowed". The truck was stuck in a slight reverse grade that may be visible in the first picture and the pile of dirt was compacted by the tonka looking thing (track loader?).

4 hours of work just to get the truck out.

J

JRB

DVNT said:
4 hours of work just to get the truck out.
Wow - was the loader across town??? It can be chore to learn to run some machines. Most kids spend a good while just learning to crank it. Rule of thumb - if it takes more than 5 minutes to figure out how to start it, you will mess something up badly when you move it. :think: Not knockin' your boys, I just hope, like you, no one is angry.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I'll find out the extent of things tonight. Maybe we can change our staging area to something easier for the trucks to get in and out of. I just hope we didn't kill our endless supply of fill dirt for the jumps and berms.

<southern accent>
Seems like you know a lot about tractors, boy. Do you think that tracked loader could move a 3 ton boulder?
</southern accent>

I can't get any volunteers to move 'em the Stonehenge way. :confused:

J

JRB

It can move it. You will make more friends if you just get on and do it though. FInd someone that can run it, and it will be no sweat.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Here is the response from the land manager..

The road is mostly clay in that area and slippery when wet. Hence the DT sliding into the culvert area. That's the only bad spot. Fix that and a semi can back in there.
Other options ruled out...

:thumb: