Quantcast

Just Utah being Utah

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Good.

"It shows how a political agenda, rather than reason or merit, seems to have captured the decision-making at the Outdoor Industry Association."

That's right, spokesman assface. Your governor's political agenda totally fucked Utah, and it has captured people's decision making. Almost as if actions and words have consequences.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good.

"It shows how a political agenda, rather than reason or merit, seems to have captured the decision-making at the Outdoor Industry Association."

That's right, spokesman assface. Your governor's political agenda totally fucked Utah, and it has captured people's decision making. Almost as if actions and words have consequences.
they're using the one thing that republicans love more than towing the party line..... money.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Utahs outdoor recreation defines the state Imo, you know, if you overlook all that momo stuff.

Governor dude is trying hard to keep up with the Trumps'es.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Meanwhile Scott Sports, Backcountry.com, Enve, Specialized, 4frnt skis, Black Diamond and a zillion other companies happily enjoy those good wholesome republican tax breaks they get for locating there............

Principles. They're a bitch but only when you can't use idealism as a marketing ploy

http://business.utah.gov/programs/office-of-outdoor-recreation/companies/
wonder if any of them are considering relocating.

and specialized is headquartered in california dude.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
wonder if any of them are considering relocating.

and specialized is headquartered in california dude.
No shit sherlock it's 3 hours from my house.......that's headquarters. But they have a yUge facility around salt lake....for a reason.

I don't know if you've been to salt lake recently (more like just south of salt like) but EVERYONE is there. Adobe, amazon, sports companies galore. Can't fault them for the tax incentives in conservo-land but you gotta remember what that means. Utah is strip mines and a few purty parks down south. I know it's not the companies necessarily deciding to pull out of the show but it is a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No shit sherlock it's 3 hours from my house.......that's headquarters. But they have a yUge facility around salt lake....for a reason.

I don't know if you've been to salt lake recently (more like just south of salt like) but EVERYONE is there. Adobe, amazon, sports companies galore. Can't fault them for the tax incentives in conservo-land but you gotta remember what that means. Utah is strip mines and a few purty parks down south. I know it's not the companies necessarily deciding to pull out of the show but it is a bit hypocritical.
Last I was in SLC Utah was '12. I could see the Rio tinto from the plant. It reminded me of LA but without a beach and more meth heads.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Moar Political Agenda. Take that Outdoor Retailers!
A Republican Governor more interested in re-election and lining his own pockets than the economic prosperity of his constituents while blathering away about job creation ? Willing to sacrifice millions of dollars of future revenue and employment to hold fast to their "principles". Shocking, just shocking I say.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The parks in utah are rad. But what's contained in the boundaries of that national monument, the remoteness, the absolute other worldly canyons are without exception, some of the most unique areas anywhere.........fuck that asshole. That's one of the coolest plots of public land on earth.