Quantcast

Just When You Think the Ride is Going Good

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
:biggrin:

It's been a while since i posted up a ride report. Today's ride is well worth posting...only wish i had some video.

Had a long ride today. went to our local traill. hit loop 13 again...i think this makes 3x. loop 13 is considered one of the harder loops on the trail. it's riddled with all sorts of concrete and rock slabs of all sorts of sizes and combinations to trick one up. :) today i was able to make a couple of climbs i hadn't made before. went down a couple of dips i didn't TRY before. and got over a couple of obstacles of concrete slabs. rode out of 13 feeling GREAT!!!

was feeling pumped at this point so i figured i'd give the double climb and Glen's Wall a try again. hadn't worked on those since the weather got "cold". both climbs are extremely steep and require a LOT of momentum and pedaling. made it to the top of the double climb. still need to be able to continue riding once i get to the top. glen's wall i made it up and over and kept riding. that was a FIRST!!

so at this point i'm feeling awesome now. i'm having a fantastic ride.

my confidence is up. my endurance feels like it's improved. and i'm rounding the corner to approach the teeter totter. i LOVE the teeter totter. it was one of the first obstacles i overcame and have had consistent success with it. i look forward to it each ride. i plant my eyes at the end of the board as i approach. and hit it with speed and confidence. however RCP (name of trail) wasn't letting me off so easy. i don't know how...but i completely miss the board altogether and RAM smack into the little nub of log on the right side of the board. i come to a complete stop and fly up and over and land hard on my back. i lay there while help ran over. luckily i'm only bruised in various spots and feel a bit beat up. the wind was knocked out of me but other than that i managed to pull a spectacular endo with nothing broken, punctured or dislocated. i will be SORE tomorrow. (sh*t...i'm sore NOW)

I DID go back and ride it again...encouraged by the tauntings of my "friends". and finished riding the northside AND all of the southside.

all in all it was a great ride...that i'll be payin for tomorrow. massage hands are still in tact though.

since i don't have any clips of my ride...here's someone else's clip of the trail so you can see what i'm riding. this clip is a good clip to show you what i got going on with my local trail.

about 2:05 is the teeter totter and loop 13 is at about 5:29.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
It is!! I love our local trail. and the best part of where i am is that there are other trails of varying degrees of skill level all within a couple of hours tops.

That sucks about CA. so how many tickets have you gotten? :biggrin:
None yet thankfully.

Thanks for sharing!