Quantcast

Kage vs. vivid

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Can anybody tell me what the differences are between these shocks? Kages in my size are going for $135 on beibay. If all I lose is ending stroke rebound, I'm OK with that.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Kage has the same compression unit as the Vivid but is a Monotube design with a larger piston. Vivid is a Twin tube design with a smaller main piston, but addition of a high speed rebound adjust externally. They utilize the same springs/hardware/etc.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I also prefer a Kage and have been riding one all year on my demo. Simple, works great etc. Only downside is at my spring weight on a demo (350lbs) it feels like i have nothing to push against on the face of jumps etc. It just effortlessly sort of sinks into the travel. I'm told this can be "easily" adjusted by changing the size of the bottom out spacer in the resi, but that's not generally available to consumers from what I understand.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Cool, thanks for the info guys. PUSH I think I have my eye on your ebay sales. The DHX on my piggie actually works but I want a 8.5" shock....adjustability is less important than reliability and range of adjustment (too many overdamped shocks).