Quantcast

Kancamagus Hiway , White Mts New Hampshire

splat

Nam I am
So the Family and I are in Lincoln NH at Loon Mt for the weekend. It started out today Raining ,
so we decidied not to go skiing but we went over and watched the Mt dew challenge
. The rain stopped and it cleared up nicely , so I waited for the road to dry , ate lunch and
grabbed My road bike for a ride up the Kancamagus Hiway. 11 Miles to the Summut of the
pass. over 1800 feet of climbing.

I got on the road

into the mountains

right after I snapped that photo it started to rain, not hard at first then it got really hard.
I was just about to turn around . I snapped a picture (that did not come out ) to show
how hard it was raining. when it let up some. so I continued on. It is about 45 -50 degrees
out and I am soaked to the bone. But I am working so it is keeping me warm.

here is coming around a hairpin turn as I was getting above the snow line.

the thing is the Kancamagus isusally a very scenic road , not today :(

about a a mile before the summit a car going slowed down and the were
4 guys in it , they all were cheering me on with there thumbs in the air as
they went past. that helped!

any way I made it !!

at this point I thurned around .

this is what I just did ! , now I go down it !!

Well now , I'm soaked to the bone. it has stopped raining , but it brought a cold
front though , I screaming down the Mt , on wet winding roads going like a bat out
of hell! But I'm FREEZING NOW !!!

It took me 59 Minutes to climb to the summit. It took me 23 Minutes to come down!!
( 11 miles each way ) at one point I was doing 45 MPH coming to a sharp turn.
on a dry day its tricky , wet pavement ???

When I got down I was really cold , so there was only one thing to do.
Take BAH's idea and warm my self up again.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
this season i definitely want to ride the kanc. good pics. i did around 35 miles today on my dads old univega before work so i got in a pretty decent workout. 35 miles in 2 hours seemed pretty good for me seeing as how im not in great shape.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Skookum said:
i wish we could just kick Wilderness square in the nuts....:nuts:
Fortunetly, there's some real nice singletrack on the Conway side, (the opposite one from where Splat was), just beyond the Wilderness designated area. Not to many fire road climbs though, mostly steep - rooty & rocky singletrack. It's probably way too early in the season to start riding up there right now.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMcG said:
Cool thread but why is this thread so damned

W I D E ????????
B E C A U S E S P L A T I S A N E W B A N D P O S T E D A P A N O R A M A I N S T E A D O F P O S T I N G A H Y P E R L I N K.

splat

Nam I am
Skookum said:
B E C A U S E S P L A T I S A N E W B A N D P O S T E D A P A N O R A M A I N S T E A D O F P O S T I N G A H Y P E R L I N K.
:eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu