Quantcast

keep Sherman slider+ or 03 dorado

Turley

Chimp
May 22, 2004
Queensland, Australia
I've been having some issues with my 04 sherman slider+. There too much friction in my fork, whether it is a problem with the spv(too much platform) or something is wrong elsewhere(oring expansion perhaps) I am not sure but Mine isn't the first Sherman to have this issue.

One of my mates is looking at selling his 03 dorado and I've got the option of selling my slider+ and getting his dorado.

I know that some of you boys have ridden dorados last year and are on slider+'s this year . What is your opinion of which is better for DH racing?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
the slider plus and mess with the adjustments. PLay with your rebound and progressivness to get it into its disired smoothness. When I first got mine I had problems getting it the way i wanted it but now its the best feeling fork ive ridden. If you can't get your slider right then get some help with it or i guess sell it. But with a 1ibs weight difference, SPV, and progressive adjustment id say stick with the slider.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Turley
I've been having some issues with my 04 sherman slider+. There too much friction in my fork, whether it is a problem with the spv(too much platform) or something is wrong elsewhere(oring expansion perhaps) I am not sure but Mine isn't the first Sherman to have this issue.

One of my mates is looking at selling his 03 dorado and I've got the option of selling my slider+ and getting his dorado.

I know that some of you boys have ridden dorados last year and are on slider+'s this year . What is your opinion of which is better for DH racing?
I have been wondering the same thing...I like the feel of my former Dorado better than my Slider + and I have more...of an issure with tire clearance. My tire is dangerously close to rubbing the arch....D

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Originally posted by BMXman
I have been wondering the same thing...I like the feel of my former Dorado better than my Slider + and I have more...of an issure with tire clearance. My tire is dangerously close to rubbing the arch....D
Run a smaller tire :blah:

I say keep the slider. Make sure you have your SPV set at the right pressure and mess around with the rebound/SPV air chamber. Mine feels really, really nice. I love it.

I really don't see why you would want a dorado...

it's:
-more expensive
-more maintinence
-heavier
-worse damping/internals
-same travel

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Bldr_Freerider
Run a smaller tire :blah:

I say keep the slider. Make sure you have your SPV set at the right pressure and mess around with the rebound/SPV air chamber. Mine feels really, really nice. I love it.

I really don't see why you would want a dorado...

it's:
-more expensive
-more maintinence
-heavier
-worse damping/internals
-same travel
it's only a 2.5 tire...
price is not an issue
maintenence is comparable
it's a dh bike so I'm not to concerned with weight.....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by nicklin
i think you are a prime candidate for a shiver, mate. you'll see what i mean when you own one. plush, 8 inch travel, virtually maintainence free, and inverted.
i don't see the downside:)
were sponsored by Manitou;)....D

Tcov

Chimp
Oct 9, 2001
Cave Creek. Arizona
so does anyone have any comments on riding/racing the slider plus vs dorado or x works dorado? How does each change frame geometry (is the xworks that much taller?). Stiffness comparision? "Feel" of the x works compared to the slider plus. Any thoughts appreciated since I'm still waiting for my xworks and may be now considering the slider plus (very nice weight advantage).

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Oh my God, I have turned into one of those really annoying douche bags who show up in peoples threads and tell them to buy something that they are not asking about. Three 8's. :devil:

Ok, and to answer the original guy's question, I had an 02 Dorado and Slider +, and I liked the Slider better. I had it setup with 30 PSI, and had the progression knob ramped up. This seemed to make it softer initially. Even with my springs feeling soft, it very rarely bottomed. It was super light, and I like the damping in it better than my old Dorado which felt dead (granted I am talking about an 02 Dorado which I think used guano instead of an oil bath for lubrication. :p )
But to be honest, no matter how you setup the Slider, it is never going to suck up the small bumps like a 888, Shiver, Super-T etc....

Tcov

Chimp
Oct 9, 2001
Cave Creek. Arizona
Jeremy R said:
Oh my God, I have turned into one of those really annoying douche bags who show up in peoples threads and tell them to buy something that they are not asking about. Three 8's. :devil:

Ok, and to answer the original guy's question, I had an 02 Dorado and Slider +, and I liked the Slider better. I had it setup with 30 PSI, and had the progression knob ramped up. This seemed to make it softer initially. Even with my springs feeling soft, it very rarely bottomed. It was super light, and I like the damping in it better than my old Dorado which felt dead (granted I am talking about an 02 Dorado which I think used guano instead of an oil bath for lubrication. :p )
But to be honest, no matter how you setup the Slider, it is never going to suck up the small bumps like a 888, Shiver, Super-T etc....
Thanks for the info. I'm not too concerned with the small bump issues, looking for a more efficient fork (less bob for pedaling for racing and riding). I'm on an upgraded to 03 spec Dorado now and like it but would like to match the rear end feel (VPP, 5th E) of my new rig (VP Free). I'm not sure if I should spend the extra cash and wait time for the xworks or go with a Slider plus.