Quantcast

Keystone or WinterPark?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I haven't been to either this year, and last year when I went to Winter Park I remember wishing I had saved my money and just ridden my bike to the top (since there is so much climbing, even from the lift) I was just told though that WP is looking really good with lots of new jumps, drops, etc... but after seeing the pics of Keystone posted recently, I'm wondering if WP can compare. Has anyone ridden both lately (in the last month or two)? How do they compare? I'm hoping for the most carnage for the money when I head up this Sunday.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
winterpark sucked so bad when I went there. The jumps were all only about a foot tall, there weren't any drops, the trails were smooth and lame... I could go on for a while but I won't. Keystone is fun, winterpark isn't.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
For me, the only thing that WinterPark had going for it was a couple of cool stunts on the "DH" trail. Its really smooth throughout. While this sucks it means you can rail everything. The biggest drop is something like 4 feet to a pretty flat landing that you cant really launch off because of a short runup and runout.

Mountain goat is a hell of a cool technical trail and they put in a teeter over a creek, and another pretty weak stunt over the second creak. If only there wasnt two miles of climbing to get back to the lift.....

Between the two I'd go for keystone. Lots of more options and more challenges.

Jonathan