Quantcast

KHS Gravity Open - UCI - ProGrt #2 - Plattekill Bike Park, NY

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Really bummed I am going to miss this as I dont have a bike and am still working on PT for my shoulder :(

Its looking like its going to be freaking epic! Props to Plattekill for stepping up and rising to the occasion, what a great way to set off the east coast season.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Plattekill is looking for volunteers interested in helping us out with our first race of the season, May 22-23 weekend. We need helpers for course marshalling and race course assistance. All volunteers will recieve a FREE t-shirt, FREE lunch and a FREE lift ticket to come ride anytime this season at Plattekill! If interested please email us at info@plattekill.com
THANKS!:thumb:

Nov 29, 2005
South Boston kid guy
looks like you guys have been doing some serious work - more dirt on broken tooth landing will be sick. Pumped that plattekill is getting a big race like this. We'll be there mid morning friday holding down the 3rd lot

Last edited:

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Liked justin's vid and thought that track looked familiar, ie 2008 juniors world qualifiers.

I have some 'B' footage that I compiled a year ago. Would have shared it with laz and the crew earlier, but it really didn't turn out as good as I liked. Don't know what I saved it for, but this seems like a good place to put it.

Anyway, it's red-left-eye/cyan-right-eye anaglyph format. As I mentioned, I'm not proud of the shooting or composition, but it will give you nice technical view of the course and the 3D will show better separation and inclinations.

http://www.vimeo.com/3818207
I just got back from AZ ,I'm on my 6th watch of this video ! Great stuff ! Quality is great..... No 3d debate here:thumb:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Entry Fees DO include lift passes as listed below. I guess there was some confusion with a release somewhere.

Pre Reg Entry Fees: $85-Pro (incl Friday lift ticket for pros), $60-Cat1, $50-Cat2, $45-Cat3
On-site Entry Fees: $90-Pro (incl Friday lift ticket for pros), $65-Cat1, $55-Cat2, $50-Cat3

* ALL entries INCLUDE Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets! Pro entry INCLUDES Friday ticket (in addition to Sat/Sun) and lunch Saturday courtesy of SICKLINES.COM

* Thursday, Friday & Monday Tickets are discounted to $20/day with registration.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Weathe looks good for the Pre Race weekend. If You can't make it mid week for practice get your runs in this weekend.

Best deal anywhere:
$40 for a two day pass this weekend and every other this summer as well!!!
One day passes remail the same as previous years $30.

Courses will not be taped, but ask around they are easy to find.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
build crew was putting the finishing touches on the course this weekend. top jump (and landing) were resurface, berm was built on a switchback off a ski slope, and another big berm was added on the side of the hill leading into the old retaining wall drop.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
build crew was putting the finishing touches on the course this weekend. top jump (and landing) were resurface, berm was built on a switchback off a ski slope, and another big berm was added on the side of the hill leading into the old retaining wall drop.
Thanx again Jon for coming up and giving the Delta House Trail Crew some love and shovel time. Good times hanging with ya as always:thumb:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Pre-Refistration Ends: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 12:00 NOON ET

If You Pre-Register you will skip the payment/Registration line and head right up to pick up your number plate. A possible HUGE time savings.

Top Lot pits are filling up. Remember we can't allow e-z ups in the top two lots unless they are in reserved Pit Spaces. The top two lots will be patrolled by security 24/7.

There is no camping in the Pits or the Team Village Area. The Pits and the Team Village Area are for Day use only. Camping is only avail in the camping lots.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
New Start Ramps are up. New timing system is ready, now will have beeps for start and a clock at the finish. Live timing on the web is being worked on and will hopefully be available.

The course is prime and ready to be shredded. It is anything but lame, the steep middle section of the course has been reworked and it's a real challege. Weather looks to be mid 70's with sun.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Camera equipment is ready and I will be there early Friday!!! Can't wait to get back into the race season even if it is just shooting this season.