Quantcast

Kidwoo...you weren't kidding!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Riding Whistler also made me soft...the gnarliness of N* had the best of me this weekend!! But what a fun time! :thumb: We missed you out there.

Ricebowls: good running into you! Even better doing runs with ya! Hope the leg is okay.

[un] & Jonny: same...good to finally do runs with you!!

Ender: good seeing you Sat!! To bad we didn't get to do runs together.

Stephen (I know you'll read this ;) Also good ripping some trails with you.

Yeti: I got the impression you didn't want to talk/hang with us? :(

Joe Pozer: I had a great time holding your hand while going to Boondocks! :thumb:

Riding my bicycle RAWKS!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
oh...and the drive home SUCKED!!!! I leave early (around 2pm) just so I could get home early - just to hit this feakking accident on 580 (between tracey and livemore)...between 2 and 10 mph for like 2 hours :dead:

I HATE TRAFFIC....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What happened to Eric's leg? Still attatched?

Yeah I could barely turn the keys in my truck after riding there the first saturday after whistler. It comes back though. Riding clipped in helps.........well, if you're good enough to handle that sort of thing.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
kidwoo said:
What happened to Eric's leg? Still attatched?

Yeah I could barely turn the keys in my truck after riding there the first saturday after whistler. It comes back though. Riding clipped in helps.........well, if you're good enough to handle that sort of thing.
Eric kindda had a close encoutner with a log!! :(

clips are for rookies...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Acadian said:
clips are for rookies...
Of course they are. Part of every beginners outfit.....training wheels and clipless pedals...........just until you're ready to step up to the flat system that comes on every wal-mart bike.

Sitting on my ass for 4 days has made me a real prick. Wonder what friday will be like.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Word up Acadian. Yeah, looked for ya but, only saw you on the trail and yelled from the lift :thumb:

Had a good time and no major accidents! See yous next time.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Acadian said:
oh...and the drive home SUCKED!!!! I leave early (around 2pm) just so I could get home early - just to hit this feakking accident on 580 (between tracey and livemore)...between 2 and 10 mph for like 2 hours :dead:

I HATE TRAFFIC....
580?

I'd think that you would do the 80 to the 680.

Man... I wish I was up at N* this weekend.
I didn't even get to do an XC ride. :mumble:

I DID get my TriCo case for Whistler though.
:thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
-BB- said:
580?

I'd think that you would do the 80 to the 680.

Man... I wish I was up at N* this weekend.
I didn't even get to do an XC ride. :mumble:

I DID get my TriCo case for Whistler though.
:thumb:
Its been nasty on 80 also lately, through Fairfield and Vacaville.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
yeah the trip back from N* usually takes my around 3.5 hours.......5.25 hours yesterday!!!!! such a good time. as far as my leg is concerned...well the good news is it was just a flesh wound, the bad news is the doctors in truckee didn't know what to do about it so the just cut the whole thing off. i feel much better now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ricebowls said:
yeah the trip back from N* usually takes my around 3.5 hours.......5.25 hours yesterday!!!!! such a good time. as far as my leg is concerned...well the good news is it was just a flesh wound, the bad news is the doctors in truckee didn't know what to do about it so the just cut the whole thing off. i feel much better now.
RAD. Can I keep it freeze dried at my house?........you know in case I need it?

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Acadian said:

I HATE TRAFFIC....
I made the mistake of riding all the way till 4 yesterday, and the traffic on 205/580 was just as bad @ 7:00 last night, just a parking lot all the way through Tracy. If you guys like to take 580 home from N*, here's what I've been doing lately, because it's not gonna get any better until summer is over. When you're on 5 south, pass the 205/580 west exit, keep going south for about another 10 minutes to 132 west ( not all the way to 152!! :eek: ), take 132 west all the way until it ends @ 580 to SF/Oakland . It drops you near Carnagie OHV park ( where the GGG race is ) then just take 580 over the hill as you normally would. It's about a 20 min loop around to get on to altamont, but bottom line you're doing 70-80mph instead of 7-8mph and it can cut up to 45 mins off the trip.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
stoney98 said:
yesterday around 4pm. pretty intenese. I was about 500yds back. Completely stopped traffic, took almost 20 min to get past it. total cluster f@ck car shoots off road to left, lands upside down on embankment about 20ft below hill. CHP, Medics, lifeflight heli all before I got past it.
some blueish car right? I passed around 5:00 and saw the car there with no more roof on it.