Quantcast

kidwu

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
NEVER, in 30+ years of riding have it ever heard somebody say this.

"Example: “Dude, you got some serious WU going on with your saddle.”

Fucking douchebags.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I've been wanting a saddle tilt function in a dropper since they were first arrived.

CGAF what it's called. but I'm glad it's finally coming.

"Effective travel" can get fucked though.

I want 200mm actual drop plus 20degs saddle tilt when dropped (currently run all my saddles except my road bike tilted back around 20*).

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
"The idea, presumably, is the advantage it gives enduro racers "

Fuck Enduro. The idea is it replicates your DJ/BMX (and DH) saddle position so manualling and anything else fun on your bike feels better.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
What's the point if the effective drop is the same for the rear yet the nose is higher? Looks? Make the rear drop more and I could see the point, although that head design has a huge stack height so you'd need even shorter seat tubes to pull it off.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm pretty cool, and I have definitely heard the phrase "wu in your saddle."

But I've said too much, plebs aren't supposed to know about it. I can't believe specialized blew the lid off that.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Is Specialized coming out with a new one next year that moves the saddle forward during extension to compensate for their crappy seat angles?

Last edited:

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
"Effective travel" can get fucked though.

I want 200mm actual drop plus 20degs saddle tilt when dropped (currently run all my saddles except my road bike tilted back around 20*).
Come on man, they can't give you everything in the 2018 model. They've got to hold something back to make you buy another one in 2019.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm pretty sure they came out with this to prevent "Inner thigh WU Bang".

That's what they call it when you run a Specialized saddle and because the edges are so damn sharp, one run on a proper trail and your inner thighs are all bruised up.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ

That's what they call it when you run a Specialized saddle and because the edges are so damn sharp, one run on a proper trail and your inner thighs are all bruised up.
with so many people wanting 200+ mm droppers i figured everyone's saddle was below their knees when standing by now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Don't forget about Wang bang, before droppers and you got stuck behind the damn saddle.