Quantcast

Kim Eakin camp.... ;)

MUTOLI said:
I will be to busy doing "Ethan Mutoli" camp :heart: :heart: :heart:
Just kidding!
oh GROSS!!!! I did that camp..once!..lol just kidding!

No this is not a joke, this is real. I am trying to se how many people are actually interested and how we are going to do this. so far I have 5 ohters from the YMCA camp I tried to do, it did not work out due to insurance reasons, but Bike Works of Lake Stevens(Scott ;) is the man) said he might be able to help. And Kim would be an awsome coach and will give his time, so I am trying to see what we can . Not using the YMCA changes alot of things...and in the long run will help you guys and girls alot more.

So back to the list...help me out..... :thumb:

Cory

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
trailhacker said:
Sex: Not enough :(
:eek:

*rhino sticking index fingers in ears* La-la-la-la.......... *rhino realizes he can't post this messege with his elbow* *click*

La-la-la-la............

:D I figured someone would answer like that :thumb: :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I just got off the phone with Bibs and the wheels are in motion. :p We will be putting together some things to make this thing work. The type of clinic we are aiming for is freeride and racing. We will cover suspension as well as hardtails. We are trying to make this work for everyone who is interested. Location is still being decided on, as well is the cost. It is looking like $25. That will cover the cost of the clinic. You will have to bring your own lunch(cause my cooking sucks!) We are looking at a few spots where we could do this thing and not be botherd by outside influences.(gapers, just hanging around) I am looking forward to this! By the way, if anybody see's Bibs, kick him in the nuts :nuts: for me for calling this thing the Kim Eakin clinic. That is soooo' lame!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
When?
Where?
$$$$?

I realize that it's not set in stone...but do you guys have some ideas...
Anyways, I would be interested.

Sex: You know it! & I'm married!!! Yes sex after marriage..it's true!!! :love:
Name: Joy

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
what about all the schwag you got ? Are you still going to give it out to the kids, who signed up? I think things should have been thought out more throughly, I have friends who's kids heard about this camp.....not good man !

BoomSplat said:
what about all the schwag you got ? Are you still going to give it out to the kids, who signed up? I think things should have been thought out more throughly, I have friends who's kids heard about this camp.....not good man !

before you start going around saying you know the story and such read this thread and the other titled talent.....we have it under control..and no you dont know the story....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
bibs said:
you forgot about the one in Decline magazine! Thats funny, who is this "kim chic" well we know whos not in the camp...lol j/k or am I??!! :D
Yeah, I thought this would get a few of you going.
I don't race DH and my FR limits are 4' and under. Although, the cost, if it's a small group and is longer than an hour is very good. That's one thing you guys did not mention. Is this an all day deal and, Seattle "local"? If so, I may be interested. If so, looks like a good deal.
Secondly, you might want to target other lists as well. There's been grumblings on the BBTC list for years about having "Boot Camps" for aspiring huckers and the "Madd Skillz" classes just whet the appetite.(Very well, I might add.) There's definately demand for it.
It's obvious I don't know Kim at all but, I do recall once hearing in ski circles that Ingemar Stenmark was the worst coach ever despite winning several world cups. Being good is only part of the game. Being able to convey how to be good is the key to training camps. Food for thought. Good luck!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
holliswood said:
I am looking forward to this! By the way, if anybody see's Bibs, kick him in the nuts :nuts: for me for calling this thing the Kim Eakin clinic. That is soooo' lame!
Ok, how about the holliswood clinic then? :rolleyes: :D :evil:

I spoke with kim last night we are working on everything ...it will be a good part of the day, bring your own food/water etc. the cost will be low, both of us will be donating our time to help out hte community. I called it the Kim Eakin clinic for giggles...lol...there will be schwag, and tons of tips, Kim has helped me in the past and is a great person and great instructor(and he rips) The location , I am in the works of talking to and about 2 different areas. More to come on that..we are gonna make it where everyone can have fun and its not over your head. So we will keep you informed..... :thumb:

Cory

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
I do know the whole story, I spoke with the ymca C. Bibs!! Make sure all the kids you let down know the new time and date. But I guess thats not a big deal to you.