Quantcast

Kim Eakin camp.... ;)

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I might have missed something, but where will one find said Cannondale tent? Also, I thought I heard something about being meeting in a nearby shipping center parking lot. Where is that?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
As I'm relatively new to RM, it's good to see you doing something for the fellow riders and young shredders.
I was planning on being down there as-is to do some work thru the day...nothing major as I got alot done earlier this week.

Kim/Corey- shoot me a PM if you need any assistance, etc. I think I'll be getting there around 9-10am myself.

p.s. - do not park at the Fed. Prison lot that is just before the shipping lot;)

p.p.s. - since I only have my roadbike at present, maybe you can teach me how to rip on that:eek:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Nice. I don't know how it's possible to be stoked about this when I don't have my rig rolling, but I am stoked to see alot of folk out there! :giddyschoolgirl:
Was out there yesterday and it was nice-n-tacky and with the rain this evening I would expect the trails to be optimal tomorrow.
I'll be there kind of early to double-check some of my recent efforts so that there are no surprises (of the bad kind) for anyone.:p

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I had a great time too! It was cool to watch everyone progress and get more confident in their riding! The weather held and the trails were in great shape. My thanks to Kim, Cory and Duane for making the first camp work! I'm glad I was able to contribute in my small way.

If anyone from the camp wants to ride, drop me a line!

Tom (mechanic and orange Bullit)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I was there and it seemed like everything went as smooth as could be expected...lots of poo-eating grins and definitely some good riders getting better.
Seemed like a decent amount of people showed up - not too many, which made things better for the ones that were there.

I wish I could have been an active part of the group ride-wise, but something about 700X23 tires, drop bars, dual-caliper brakes and SPD-R pedals told me to hold off.:p

All the same, I really appreciate all the postitive feedback about the trails, etc. It is rewarding enough to be able to ride the things we're putting together...positive vibes from everybody is not only the cherry on top, but the little colored sprinkes as well.

Major props to those that were responsible for putting it all together and running it.:thumb:

Also looking fwd. to the pics Mike was cranking on furisouly. He also gets my vote for the most bad-ass car/bikerack setup possible!:cool:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who came out and participated in the clinic today! I know the weather was looking shaky, but it got better and it ended up being a great day! :thumb: I wanted to say "thanks" to Cory for helping me organize this thing, and to Duane and Tom for coming out and giving us all a hand. And to Michael for putting the whole thing down on film, thanks! Thanks to Michael, Margie, Tim, Tage, Aaren, Chris, Tully, Nate, Daniel, and big Riley for coming out as well! And I have to say "thanks" to all the SST loc's who were patient with all of us today, and for building a fun place to go rip! I hope you all came away from todays clinic with a little something that can make you a better rider.
Thanks again!
Kim Eakin
Giving some love to: :love:
Bikeworks
Old Town Bicycle
Sponsorhouse.com
Speedmetal Racing
Go Huck Yourself.com
Alternative Sports
Eakin Bros. Racing
Pigpants.net

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Yesterday was fun. Thanks Kim, Cory, Tom, and Duane for expert advice and providing the air pump. :D It was fun riding with other monkeys and look forward to seeing everyone on the trails.

Thanks
Chris (red big hit)

P.S. I too vote for Michael Caine as most bad-ass car/bikerack setup too. He flew by us on his cruiser when we were riding back to the parking lot on the paved trail. Thanks for coming out and taking lots of pics.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I had tons of fun and scored some new shin guards!! We should definitely do this again it was lot of fun. Thanks Kim, Cory and everyone who helped.

-mike (blue k2 with red jr t)

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Yes, THANK YOU Kim and Cory! You guys were patient and your feedback was very helpful. You guys did a great job of making us feel at ease and building our confidence. This class was laid back fun and WELL worth the money. Thanks to everyone else who had helpful pointers!

It was great to meet others from RM, hope to see you out there again! :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
:thumb:

Way to go guys! Looks like everyone had a fun day. I was bummed i couldnt go, but I had commitments i couldnt get out of..... well i maybe could have, but then i wouldnt be going to whistler saturday!

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Thanks again to Kim and Corey. It was really fun, I learned a lot, and it was worth a lot more than $25 (but I'm not trying to give you any ideas)!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Those are awesome! Thanks again Michael for taking 'em :)

I probably shouldn't have told my friend to check out the website, cause she went and put a comment in and MOCKED me under one of my pics...

"From: Jaami (Sep 21, 2004 00:03 PDT)
I must...must go on. Yet, shall I deny myself of critical reflection? This I ponder as I gaze out of my heavy, heavy, red helmet."

Attachments

pigpants

Chimp
Aug 29, 2002
Seattle
Heh, it's been so long since I posted here I forgot who I was, had to do some brain racking.

Jaami's comment really made me laugh. :)

I had a lot of fun, I got to try some new ideas, not everything worked out but I hope I got a few good ones. I'm only about half way through the shoot, I'll add to it as my day job permits.

Thanks to you all, it was a good camp I thought, I was happy to be there!

Michael

D-Man

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Seattle
Thanks again to everyone who helped put the clinic together, espescially Kim, Cory, and Duane for their expert advice. I definately walked away feeling I was a better rider :thumb:.

Hope to see some of you guys out on the trails!

Daniel (silver Diamondback)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
BAHWHAHWHAHWHAHAW!!!!!!! Kim you home now? you riding this weekeknd..or still in Whistler? we must chat... :D
Yep' We got back this afternoon. I plan on riding this weekend, but I think I might be heading back up to Whistler. :thumb: I won't know for sure until tomorrow. Just give me a call, cause I should be at home. Hey' I almost ran over a bear on Tuesday on clownshoes! :mumble: