Quantcast

Knee surgery

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I can't find the old knee thread to update, so I'll start a new one.

I had the first of my series of surgeries this morning to correct my torn cartilage and it was really a piece of cake. The worst part of the whole procedure was getting the IV. The surgery itself lasted app. 1 hour and recovery was about 45 minutes. I didn't even need crutches and I've been walking on it most of the day with no real pain. (That may be due to the fact that I'm on Percoset, though)

I'm probably going to try to ride around the neighborhood next weekend and see how it feels.

Aug 27, 2004
ya...i just had surgery 2 monthes ago with a torn meniscus! but the doc said i was too young (15) to have it removed...so they had to sew it back together :( . i am just know getting on my bike!!
it sucked massive!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
You guys are lucky that they let you keep it. you see, I was of the intelligent type and played a full season of volleyball on my torn meniscus thus grinding it into a kind of mush. The essentially had to vacuum it out of my knee. I have none in there. I have since had bone scraped off of the end of my femur, the end of my tibia and the back of my patella :thumb: good stuff....i wish I wouldnt have been such a jack@ss back them :(