Quantcast

Kramer needed a new 15 minutes

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1772645

Or how Krammer channels Mel Gibson.....

Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"
Edit: Its a video link and its pretty loud and they don't bleep much out.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I wish i wish i wish i was there. I would have been rolling on the ground laughing like a little girl.

those black dudes didnt know WHAT to say, thats uncalled for. Whats uncalled was you opening your mouth in the first place, shut up and enjoy the show, if you dont like youre more than welcome to LEAVE.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I wish i wish i wish i was there. I would have been rolling on the ground laughing like a little girl.

those black dudes didnt know WHAT to say, thats uncalled for. Whats uncalled was you opening your mouth in the first place, shut up and enjoy the show, if you dont like youre more than welcome to LEAVE.
Nope, I disagree. There are some lines you don't cross and that's one of them. A pro like this guy should be able to handle a couple of hecklers without doing what he did. Weak sauce, nothing funny about it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So when a white person calls a black guy a n*gger that's not O.K.?
But a black person calling a white person a cracker in retort is O.K.?
What about a black person calling a black person a n*gger?
A black comic calling a black person a n*gger?
Or a black comic calling a white person a cracker?

Both cracker and n*gger are derogitory terms, so why all the outrage for one, but not the other, why the outrage over one situation, but not another very similar one with the roles reversed.

It definitly wasn't a funny bit of stand-up, but when Chris Rock calls black people n*ggers, and white people crackers he gets laughs, so is the rule, anything unfunny is racist, and anything funny is just comedy? And what about in rap songs.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Nope, I disagree. There are some lines you don't cross and that's one of them. A pro like this guy should be able to handle a couple of hecklers without doing what he did. Weak sauce, nothing funny about it.

didnt mean i agreed with the way he reacted, but it was funny watching Krame have a melt down.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I agree. Richards is a "professional comedian", and comedians get heckled frequently.

Was it funny to call these guys n*ggers? Witty? Intelligent? Or weak and stupid?

I like to hear the white comedian who can be funny when using the word n*gger, but he hasn't arrived yet.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What about a black person calling a black person a n*gger?
A black comic calling a black person a n*gger?
Or a black comic calling a white person a cracker?

Both cracker and n*gger are derogitory terms, so why all the outrage for one, but not the other, why the outrage over one situation, but not another very similar one with the roles reversed.

It definitly wasn't a funny bit of stand-up, but when Chris Rock calls black people n*ggers, and white people crackers he gets laughs, so is the rule, anything unfunny is racist, and anything funny is just comedy? And what about in rap songs.
You are so clueless :(

A. The intent behind the word is absolute. If a black person calls another black person a nigger, but does it with malice, don't you think the sh!ts gonna hit the fan?

2. Chris Rock = the funny. Richards is not.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Come on now. Surely you know the answer to this.
Just grab a dictionary.
One word means an ignorant fool, and this word was used in the name of demeaning a whole race of people. Its associated with slavery, hanging etc....
The other word means a tasty food that I crumble up and put in my soup. I just can't find it offensive or even funny for that matter.
If someone calls me a cracker, regardless of color, I will at first smirk at their lack of creativity, and then come back with something that should lead to them to sitting in a dark corner with their arms around their knees, just rocking...back and forth.
Now Honkey, Ha now that is a funny word. Not offensive either, but funny for sure.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Come on now. Surely you know the answer to this.
Just grab a dictionary.
One word means an ignorant fool, and this word was used in the name of demeaning a whole race of people. Its associated with slavery, hanging etc....
The other word means a tasty food that I crumble up and put in my soup. I just can't find it offensive or even funny for that matter.
If someone calls me a cracker, regardless of color, I will at first smirk at their lack of creativity, and then come back with something that should lead to them to sitting in a dark corner with their arms around their knees, just rocking...back and forth.
Now Honkey, Ha now that is a funny word. Not offensive either, but funny for sure.
Dont you know that N****r simply means a person from Nigeria? :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Pretty funny how there is only one curse word left in the english language these days. It's a derogitory term just like any other. People only get their panties in a wad because because they're afraid.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, to start with there is no history of institutionalized racism that included getting the little crackers together to go watch a black man get lynched on the weekends for looking sideways at a white girl.

Let me ask you a question: When a Jewish person makes a joke about the holocaust, is it any different than when Mel Gibson does it?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, to start with there is no history of institutionalized racism that included getting the little crackers together to go watch a black man get lynched on the weekends for looking sideways at a white girl.

Let me ask you a question: When a Jewish person makes a joke about the holocaust, is it any different than when Mel Gibson does it?
It isnt IMO. People weigh the meanings of words differently. I tell dead baby jokes. Am I a bad person? Well yes, but not because of that. Kramer ever lynch a guy? No. Relax people. He apologized. Big freaking deal. So he's a bigot. Whoopty friggin doo!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It isnt IMO. People weigh the meanings of words differently. I tell dead baby jokes. Am I a bad person? Well yes, but not because of that. Kramer ever lynch a guy? No. Relax people. He apologized. Big freaking deal. So he's a bigot. Whoopty friggin doo!
No way dude, it's about context. And he used it in the worst possible fashion to berrate someone out of rage.
Kramer is so frikkin toast. His career would have been more salvagable if he would have tazed the hecklers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm sure there are millions of people out there who think and do things in a bigoted manner and never use the corresponding language. People constantly under public scrutiny will occasional say stupid things, especially when put on the spot. 99% of us here would get taken to the cleaners by the public if what we posted was spoken on a mic on a stage. Not that what he said wasn't stupid, just not nearly as a big a deal as it is being made out to.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I'm sure there are millions of people out there who think and do things in a bigoted manner and never use the corresponding language. People constantly under public scrutiny will occasional say stupid things, especially when put on the spot. 99% of us here would get taken to the cleaners by the public if what we posted was spoken on a mic on a stage. Not that what he said wasn't stupid, just not nearly as a big a deal as it is being made out to.
Whatever, i know if i was on that stage that's not what i'm thinking or blurtin out.

Watch all those Seinfeld reruns start disappearing off the tube.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
No way dude, it's about context. And he used it in the worst possible fashion to berrate someone out of rage.
Kramer is so frikkin toast. His career would have been more salvagable if he would have tazed the hecklers.
I guess my point is that I dont feel that attacking people for race is particularly worse than attacking them for being stupid, fat, ugly, retarded... etc. It's all done out of hate in one way or another. You cant help it if you're any of those things.
But you are right...he is toast for sure because of the stigma that comes along with that particular word. He was probably drunk...the dumbass.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
stupid, fat, ugly, retarded... etc.
We never enslaved anyone for being any of those, that's the difference. Then just up until the 60's we never denied those people civil rights, so on and so forth...

There are other reasons like the tirade being outright full of malice, and not funny, but the main deal is the history.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
We never enslaved anyone for being any of those, that's the difference. Then just up until the 60's we never denied those people civil rights, so on and so forth...

There are other reasons like the tirade being outright full of malice, and not funny, but the main deal is the history.
I mean I really understand the historical significance, and Im not defending the guy...Id never say those things, but malice is malice and words are words. Any number of words express the exact same thing...hate. Why one or two take priority over the rest has always been a little confusing for me. Thats all Im saying.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Why one or two take priority over the rest has always been a little confusing for me.
again, historical context.

And it's still recent.

4000 years ago, it would've been wrong for a stand-up comedic Egyptian to make Jew jokes about building the pyramids, now, not so bad.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I mean I really understand the historical significance, and Im not defending the guy...Id never say those things, but malice is malice and words are words. Any number of words express the exact same thing...hate. Why one or two take priority over the rest has always been a little confusing for me. Thats all Im saying.
i think it's because you grew up in a generation where we as a society started overwhelming the past generation where people looked down on others on race, and it was accepted, tolerated. Which again was only 40 years ago. How do we as a nation turn this kind of thing around? Never forgetting to understand the poison contained in the word.

The word has more power because of what has been done. By ignoring that, we do a disservice of trying to progress in equality.