Quantcast

lady monkeys with baby monkeys

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
so, upon reflection from during your pregnancy, what would you have liked your primate to have done differently? What did he do that you liked in particular? Any other advice or insights into the whole mini-monkey making madness?

thanks!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I would have liked him to bring me more chocolate milkshakes.

And other than the observations that pregnant women are hormonally deranged, what other kind of insight would you like?

gg

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

And other than the observations that pregnant women are hormonally deranged, what other kind of insight would you like?

gg
More milkshakes. Great idea!

Yes, hormonally deranged sounds about right.

Not sure what other insights, me dumb monkey. I probably shouldn't pull off my cycling clothes, throw it at her and say, "wash that"?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My husband is awesome and he definitely was great while I was pregnant. My daughter was VERY active (kicking and rolling around) and it was tough to get her worn out so I could sleep. Every night around 8:30-9pm he would lean over and talk to her (through my ever growing belly) and get her to kick and whirl around so that she would be tired out and sleep when I was ready to go to bed.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Definitely. Ours was a crazy kicker.
Sounds like ours. He loved old school hip hop. When ever we played it for him he'd go crazy. The cord was wrapped around his neck twice when he came out. That was a little scary to see.

LO... Just pay attention and do whatever she asks a the time even if it doesn't make a damn bit of sense (it won't) and don't ask questions. Just do it. Seriously, no questions. Trying to predict it ahead of time is pointless. Also, towards the end, if she asks to go to the bathroom while traveling, for god's sake get her to a bathroom asap. Hell hath no furry like a pregnant women who has to pee!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
LO... Just pay attention and do whatever she asks a the time even if it doesn't make a damn bit of sense (it won't) and don't ask questions. Just do it.
I do and I agree, but...

Trying to predict it ahead of time is pointless.
That's not true. See, last night about 9pm, her energy levels were low, she was feeling crappy, no food in the house appealed to her, I tried everything I had already done and then remembered...

I got her a milkshake and she smiled, then drank it and said I was brilliant :D

Plus, she woke up feeling good. She doesn't usually eat after 7-8pm and it appears that if you eat something before bed while pregnant, that helps.

So thanks all!