Quantcast

Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split
February 3, 2006

In another shocking celebrity breakup, LANCE ARMSTRONG and SHERYL CROW have split, according to People magazine. The seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion and the rockstar musician got engaged in September 2005, when Armstrong proposed to Crow in Sun Valley, ID, not long after he retired from the pro circuit in July. He and Crow officially became an item back in early 2004.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," a joint statement released to People through Armstrong's spokesman read.

Armstrong, 33, has a son and two twin daughters from a previous marriage. Grammy winner Crow, 42, has previously been linked to ERIC CLAPTON, OWEN WILSON and KID ROCK.

The couple spoke to BARBARA WALTERS last November, when Armstrong was named one of Walters' "Most Fascinating People." While showing off her six-carat diamond engagement ring, the two talked about what drew them together.

"She's hot," Lance said. "I saw that!"

But Sheryl said she just knew he was the one. "I think sometimes you meet people and they just strike such a familiar chord with you," she said. "I just thought I had known him forever."

Lance also spoke to our KEVIN FRAZIER about his love for Crow in August 2005, saying, "We plan on having a long future together."

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
LordOpie said:
you'd let Burly be with another woman?
LET?? He has the ability to CHOOSE to do whatever he wants to do. However, if he chose to be with some other girl despite my knowing, then my reaction would NOT be to cut his balls off.

Hope she works out for you. :p

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
for the record, no, my girl wouldn't cut my nuts off, she'd simply walk away. Also for the record, she's awesome. Too bad she's asleep... got an unexpected promotion at work this week and has been crazy busy.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.

When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day"

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
LordOpie said:
for the record, no, my girl wouldn't cut my nuts off, she'd simply walk away. Also for the record, she's awesome. Too bad she's asleep... got an unexpected promotion at work this week and has been crazy busy.
shhh, I know that :D And she better be cool. Because when we come out there I'll be very upset if I have to hang out with a lame girl. And congrats on her promotion, but sorry she's asleep. I'm about to have to wake BS up for his daily massage :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My friend told me about Lance and Cheryl last week. He had been at a dinner with the folks from Giro in Vegas at the snowsports tradeshow, and said Lance had dinner with them and that was the hot news like just happened that day...

I wouldn't kick her outa bed for eatin crackers! then again who knows what we could do on the floor!!!:devil:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Lance Armstrong Pays Radio Tribute to Crow
Feb 07 9:35 PM US/Eastern

NEW YORK

Lance Armstrong closed his weekly satellite radio show on a bittersweet note by playing ex-fiancee Sheryl Crow's song "Letter To God."

The seven-time Tour De France winner and the Grammy-winning rocker announced their breakup in a joint statement last week after "much thought and consideration," despite their "deep love and respect."

Armstrong acknowledged the split in his Sunday night talk show, "Armstrong Radio," on the Sirius Satellite Radio channel "Faction," saying he was "torn it didn't work out."

"Obviously, this week was a rough week for us, but that doesn't change the fact that Sheryl is an unbelievable lady, one of the smartest, wisest, most gifted people I've ever met and a person that I can honestly say has shown me a love that I never knew," he said.

"It's only fair that I say that, and it's only fair that we play one of her songs tonight and not run from the situation."

Crow, 43, has called Armstrong, 34, the inspiration for her last album, "Wildflower," which was released in September.

They announced their engagement in September. It would have been her first marriage and his second. He has three children from a previous marriage.

Following the breakup announcement, Armstrong reportedly canceled his scheduled appearance as a presenter at the 48th annual Grammy Awards on Wednesday. A call to the Recording Academy by The Associated Press was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Crow is up for three Grammys: best pop vocal album ("Wildflower"), best female pop vocal performance for "Good Is Good" and best country collaboration with vocals for "Building Bridges."

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
robdamanii said:
I don't see her name anywhere in any of the press literature, do you?
That is because Winona Ryder is the type of chic you bend over a coke filled bathroom counter at a Hollywood party.
You don't bring her home to Texas for Christmas with the kids.
She is about as stable as a bi polar spider monkey.
But she is extremely bitable none the less. Yum.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Jeremy R said:
That is because Winona Ryder is the type of chic you bend over a coke filled bathroom counter at a Hollywood party.
You don't bring her home to Texas for Christmas with the kids.
She is about as stable as a bi polar spider monkey.
But she is extremely bitable none the less. Yum.
w0w! Four signature worthy quotes in one post. That's the first time I've seen that! I just spat coffee everywhere!.....doh....