Quantcast

Lance Interview.....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anyone actually manage to sit through the interview the thread's about?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I knew it would come to this at some point. "Everyone was doing it".

Armstrong wasn't wrong for doping.

It's what he did to those ends and to other people.

You are trying to make him out as the end user. He was the much closer to the cartel and enforcer. Everyone was not doing what he was doing. The lengths that he went to and narcissism was way over and above what anyone else was doing. That's been the point all along, but few people actually read the entire story, they just think "everyone was doing it". Yeah, that is true, just about everyone was. But Armstrong destroyed people and left a path of destruction (people's lives).
How many people on this site do drugs? If you do drugs and what drugs is up to you. But either way people have probably been killed at some point in regards to those drugs. From Afghanistan to the streets of Colombia or Mexico. Even on home soil.

Armstrong did it and so did everyone else. I personally don't care. Was there a "correct way" to do it? I'd like to hear it.

I think the tour teams are picked. They weren't all the same for his 7 wins. If his teammates didn't like what was going on, they could have turned on him or left the team. But they didn't. It's not like Ulrich was seen shooting up at the start gate. Some are just more obsessed with keeping it a secret. Call it what you want.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
do you remember these?

some of the funniest shit ever about armstrong and the doping going on :rofl:
Nope, don't recall ever seeing those, will need to take a look.

No. His story is fascinating to me, but I've seen and heard enough of his post-downfall media crap that I'm not throwing more views his way.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

No. His story is fascinating to me, but I've seen and heard enough of his post-downfall media crap that I'm not throwing more views his way.

He certainky has reaped what he sowed.
He makes @kidwoo look like a happy well balanced person.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

They're kind of tough to wade through at this point but when he was making them, it was seriously some of the best coverage and shit talking of the pro road racing clown show around. I used to follow that shit show so I knew the characters. Probably pointless if you weren't paying attention to that world back then.

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
there is more than one elitist roadie forum that i Kidwoo the hell out of the Lance fans at.
Anyone who likes that guy, or any of his un-indicted co-conspirators is on my “charlie sponsel” list

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I listened to it nothing too informative. A lot of yapping about how he trains now. Vertical feet vs Miles. Riding regularly vs high miles 2-3x a week. They didn't get into doping too much or anything really deep...... I rate it a 3 out of 10.....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thanks @ianjenn

Whats he training for?
I thought most retired pro roadies hated riding bikes nevermind training.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
This is Ridemonkey sir. We don't talk about stuff we actually seen or know about.
Not true! Sometimes we base our views on our experiences with a brand or product from 20 years ago and we assume nothing has changed since then.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How can you know it doesn't work based on the exact same thing being tried and abandonned every 5-8 years? It's a new product, you must taste it to know (which of course involves buying it first)

You simply must try out our new dh bike! If you haven't personally ridden it, you can't possibly know how good it is!

Have you guys tried upward geometry?

It's new and unless you have personally spent 25 days on it, you simply can't know how good this is!

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not true! Sometimes we base our views on our experiences with a brand or product from 20 years ago and we assume nothing has changed since then.
I mean that's because being old automatically made us wise and always correct.