Quantcast

lance is going for 7

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
just listening to the news, lance announced that he will be going for number 7.can he do it?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I can't believe that with his new multi-million $$$ Disco sponsorship deal he can even think about not racing in the TdF next year...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
biggins said:
just listening to the news, lance announced that he will be going for number 7.can he do it?
If his competition sucks as bad as it did this year yes. If T-Mobile stays intact and focuses on winning the tour as much as Postal has it would be an extremely hard fought race.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Two days ago he said he would not decide for a few weeks and had to talk with his sponsors. Got a link for us?
ill look i heard it on the radio this morning.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
rockracing said:
I hope he doesn't race the tour next, will make for a much more exciting race, so many more riders will put a bigger focus on the tour knowing there's a better shot at winning ?
well maybe since he has set the bar other races will realize that they need to step it up to beat him. the mentality of bringing the race down to the level of the lowest common denominator would not bebeneficial. its like michael schummacher racing indy (or whatever class he races) they want to slow him down to give others a chance. i say screw that everyone should just get faster and step it up.

disclaimer:i was not personally attacking you for your comment :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
OKEE. If you find anything, post it. :)
still looking IRB :mad:

listening to john boy and billy they announced it on their news bit. not them but the pre-recorded news that plays on tons of diferent morning shows.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
still looking for either the AP newsbreak or something along those lines. im already on cup of coffee 3 so its not like i was sleeping when i heard it

:thumb:

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
i wouldnt mind if he tried some new stuff the tour would hopefully get more interesting and maybe some tv coverage would become available for some other bike races if lance put more importance on him. it kinda gets boring when armstrong just dominates maybe it would have been better if hamilton could keep two wheels on the ground that man has some bad luck

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
If he wants to truelly be the best Tour racer ever he has to race The Giro And the Veulta and win them. All the guys b4 him that have 5 TdF titles also won the Giro he's never even done it.

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
I'd be pretty impressed if he won some big races tha same year as a win or podium inthe TDF. I also think that things would be more interesting with less of a singular focus on the TDF for postal, as well as no team radios. I mean, if they can restrict weight for the sake of competitiveness (and safety) maybe radios should go too?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
JMAC said:
If he wants to truelly be the best Tour racer ever he has to race The Giro And the Veulta and win them. All the guys b4 him that have 5 TdF titles also won the Giro he's never even done it.

He has raced the Vuelta and he placed top ten. Then he decided to focus on the Tour.

idontknow

Chimp
Jul 14, 2004
I guess we'll have to wait tll sunday night for the OLN interview. In the commercials they said he says whether he is or isn't. I believe it starts at 7pm e.t so mark your calenders

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
Phil Ligget was on the tv last nght here in SA, and said that he "think" lance will race fro 2 more season, although will focus on winning the gIro and some other races newxt year and then make his final race the tour in 2006. Sounds like a plan to me.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Seeng Lance racing in the Dolomites would be awfully sweet to behold. The Giro really needs something like this too. This past Giro looked a bit second rate with a couple of Division 2 teams in the mix because the event could not attract a full compliment of Div. One teams. The race deserves better.