Quantcast

Landis news conference today...

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
lanman said:
11 to F'ING 1 ratio!?!?! natural my ass Landis, i wanted to believe him but thats unreal. F'ING roadies

edit; link to the story http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/aug06/aug01news2
Yes when the evidence comes out that he had synthetic in his system ne is screwed. I still think it was most likely the Visionquest coach that did it! Man that guy knew that he would cash in if Floyd got on the podium, and almost all athletes trust their coaches unconditionally! You heard that from a coach!

As for the testoterone it will speed recovery and improve endurance during racing. Makes since he took with the outcome of of stage 17.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
By JAMEY KEATEN - Associated Press Writer

PARIS(AP) Tour de France champion Floyd Landis is expected to learn the results of his second doping test Saturday, and even if that sample is positive it could take weeks to decide if he will be stripped of his title.

Analysis of the "B" sample is expected to take place Thursday through Saturday at the Chatenay-Malabry lab outside Paris, the International Cycling Union said Tuesday.

If the "B" sample is negative, Landis would be cleared. If it is positive, which his lawyers expect, he could be stripped of his Tour victory and banned for two years. Landis could become the first Tour winner to lose the title in a doping case.

He will be given "due process" to defend himself before an arbitration panel _ which could delay any possible penalties _ if he continues to deny the allegations, UCI president Pat McQuaid said.

"It could take weeks," McQuaid told The Associated Press by telephone. If the test is confirmed, no penalties could be decided "until the disciplinary process is completed."

It could take even longer if the case goes to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Landis tested positive for an unusually high ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone following the 17th stage of the Tour de France, where he staged a remarkable comeback in the Alps to make up for a poor performance the day before.

The American cyclist has insisted that his body's natural metabolism _ not doping _ caused the result, and said he would undergo further tests to prove it.

The New York Times reported Monday that tests on Landis' "A" sample show some of the testosterone in his system was synthetic, putting his defense into question. The report cited a person at the UCI with knowledge of the result.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
ztlh13 said:
As for the testoterone it will speed recovery and improve endurance during racing. Makes since he took with the outcome of of stage 17.

Yes, but it takes weeks for that to happen. You can punch yourself full of it, and it's not going to do anything the next day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Zutroy said:
Yes, but it takes weeks for that to happen. You can punch yourself full of it, and it's not going to do anything the next day.
I think the problem is that we are repeating what "Experts" think. Maybe there one expert that is smarter than everyone else, and that some evil concoction will improve recovery and the only testable side effect is a high Testo level...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
sanjuro said:
I think the problem is that we are repeating what "Experts" think. Maybe there one expert that is smarter than everyone else, and that some evil concoction will improve recovery and the only testable side effect is a high Testo level...

Interesting theory.....pretty unlikely though. If you were really looking to cheat you can fix the T/E ratio by injecting epi, it's available.