Quantcast

Last Doctors Appointment Comin Up

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'll see if i can remember grabbin the old X-rays of the broken bones, then i'll post em for all to cringe or smile in delight....

ANYWAYS anyone do the gym thing, know of good deals around here, what to look for in a gym etc etc. i learned enough in physical therapy to learn i need to start working out so i can prolong myself physcically and prevent injury from my job and recreation.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i'll see if i can remember grabbin the old X-rays of the broken bones, then i'll post em for all to cringe or smile in delight....

ANYWAYS anyone do the gym thing, know of good deals around here, what to look for in a gym etc etc. i learned enough in physical therapy to learn i need to start working out so i can prolong myself physcically and prevent injury from my job and recreation.
Check outh the Y on 188th by your place. I used to work out there when I lived down south, cheap and not crowed at all.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Look for the one with all the hot chicks. Hopefully you can also find one without the thugs hoarding the machines. My brief gym experience was one group of thugs on one side, another on the other, and they just sat there starin at each other not really workin out.......

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Yeah, what she said. In my experience the Y is the cheapest place around, and tends to have fewer people than most of the commercial gyms. Of course, I haven't been to a gym in a few years, but it always seemed more laid back at the Y than at other places I'd been to.

Glad you're up and riding in full swing again. Just curious, how often do you get over to Omak? (Isn't that where you're from?) My girlfriend's folks live up in Loomis, near Tonasket. Her Dad has been asking us to come up and do some scouting for biking trails up in the hills. I'd like to go up there next summer and try to do some trail building maybe. The area has some serious potential I think.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
i learned enough in physical therapy to learn i need to start working out so i can prolong myself physcically and prevent injury from my job and recreation.
Speaking of physical therapy...did you ask her out!!! :heart: Sorry to spill the beans! :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good greif your leg healed up way quicker than my arm. corse everything in it was broken but whatever. glad to hear your getting better already.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.
Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.
It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...
You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...
Young man, are you listening to me?
I said, young man, what do you want to be?
I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
But you got to know this one thing!
No man does it all by himself.
I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
I'm sure they can help you today.
You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...
Young man, I was once in your shoes.
I said, I was down and out with the blues.
I felt no man cared if I were alive.
I felt the whole world was so tight ...
That's when someone came up to me,
And said, young man, take a walk up the street.
There's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
They can start you back on your way.
Y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.
Y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
Young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.
Y-m-c-a ... just go to the y-m-c-a.
Young man, young man, are you listening to me?
Young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

Oh yeah...def. post the gory x-ray shots!! :evil:

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
OMG, Andy I can't believe that pic. LOL. Is that really the "village people".
I'm still laughin at that. Guess you'd have to grow up knowing about them to really appreciate it.
Missed you at at sst on thurs.; couldn't make it. Hit it down today and met John and Sean out there. Good times were had.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Atomic Dog said:
Just curious, how often do you get over to Omak? (Isn't that where you're from?)
i'm not from there i'm from Seattle but my res is there, and i have family living there. My hometown where most of my family lives is Inchelium way on the other side of the res. Anways hell yah there's tons of potential for good trails to be built up in the high country. i've ridden Lightning Creek, and Sun Valley lodge trails in Winthrop/Twisp area and they're really fun.
we still gotta hook up for some Little Bald Mountain or Raven's Roost riding since your on that side of the hill for sure next year man.:)

MUTOLI said:
Speaking of physical therapy...did you ask her out!!! :heart: Sorry to spill the beans! :D
haha i'll give you the scoop of my love life as it happens haha. But no i've been way busy with work to start dating, and besides i just said i thought she was cute!!@#$!@)_#$

biggins said:
good greif your leg healed up way quicker than my arm. corse everything in it was broken but whatever. glad to hear your getting better already.
Indian medicine.
;)

DBR X6 RIDER said:
if i was a mod i'd ban you for that..... :p

i got the X-rays now i just gotta figure out a good way of gettin on the computer to share. stay tuned.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i got the X-rays now i just gotta figure out a good way of gettin on the computer to share. stay tuned.....
We have a scanner if you wanna use it.

What did the doc say? Are you healed?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Skookum said:
if i was a mod i'd ban you for that..... :p
Mercifully, you're just "one of us";)

Is there somewhere you could put the x-rays up to a light and take a digi shot of 'em? Too bad I didn't mention that before you went to your appointment.
Whatever the case...hope you don't have to visit any medical facilities any time in the future.:)

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Hey Skookum... I know it's probably not the closest place to you, but the Kent Commons has a work-out room and lots of other facilities and I think it only cost $12.00 a month.

I'm glad to hear that you're almost completely healed!!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
radjockette said:
OMG, Andy I can't believe that pic. LOL. Is that really the "village people".
I'm still laughin at that. Guess you'd have to grow up knowing about them to really appreciate it.
Missed you at at sst on thurs.; couldn't make it. Hit it down today and met John and Sean out there. Good times were had.
Hard to not have a good time out there any more.:cool:

Not only is that THE Village People, it's the Village People at Studio 54. I figure if I'm going into that pool, I may as well go off the high-dive.:dancing:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
We have a scanner if you wanna use it.

What did the doc say? Are you healed?
95% healed up. He says pain willing i should be able to go full blast in a few weeks, but i still swell up from working so i'm gonna take it easy till it feels right.

i'm gonna sign up for YMCA it's real close to my house and they got everything there i need and it's not that expensive.

Can't get my scanner to take a good copy of my x-rays so i'm gonna try a few things with my helmet light and perhaps a mirror to try to get it to show up good. If not i'll have to take digital shots with my peice of crap camera which focuses only when it wants to....

stay tuned....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
95% healed up. He says pain willing i should be able to go full blast in a few weeks, but i still swell up from working so i'm gonna take it easy till it feels right.

i'm gonna sign up for YMCA it's real close to my house and they got everything there i need and it's not that expensive.
:thumb: Glad to hear you're comin' along. Did he say anything about the weather effecting it? Like when it gets cold out, it hurts a little more.

I like that YMCA...you can work out and watch the squirrels play outside :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
it hurts when i walk out into the cold morning air, but oh well i can walk, so i don't care. :)

Welp i decided to use my Niterider Storm Bikey light to help scan these pics. They wouldn't come out normally, they just showed up black. So i charged up the light then would follow the scan light with my Niterider light on the way down to backlight the X-ray. And it worked!!!!

So here they are...
First 2 are directly after the accident, final one was taken yesterday...

Tibia break (big bone) near the ankle

Fibula (smaller bone) right below knee

And finally new hardware, had to paste two pics together so it's a little off but you can get the jist....

Owie. :( :dead: :)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Good to hear you're healed up.
They sure did put a big ol screw in there, I bet you'd like that piece of hardware out asap.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TWISTED said:
Good to hear you're healed up.
They sure did put a big ol screw in there, I bet you'd like that piece of hardware out asap.
nah i'm keepin it in.... doc says it's just another surgery so it's no biggie. it's creepy cool i can feel the screw heads and stuff. :)

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Skookum said:
nah i'm keepin it in.... doc says it's just another surgery so it's no biggie. it's creepy cool i can feel the screw heads and stuff. :)
Creepy cool? Yuck!
It's so big it looks like it'd be poking out of the skin.
I'm glad I can't feel the screws in my knee.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TWISTED said:
Creepy cool? Yuck!
It's so big it looks like it'd be poking out of the skin.
I'm glad I can't feel the screws in my knee.
haha i guess i'm just "twisted" in different ways haha. Gonna be heading down to Portland next month to visit distant family and some freinds. Any worthy XC trail rides you could point me in the direction to while i'm down there? I'd go back and vanquish Mt. Hood now, but i know it's snowed in by now.
:p

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Skookum said:
haha i guess i'm just "twisted" in different ways haha. Gonna be heading down to Portland next month to visit distant family and some freinds. Any worthy XC trail rides you could point me in the direction to while i'm down there? I'd go back and vanquish Mt. Hood now, but i know it's snowed in by now.
:p
Sure. Actually I've only been riding xc lately. Give me a heads up and we'll go hit Larch Mtn. in Hockinson. That's where I rode last weekend, both days. Three hours up then twenty minutes to get down. Best downhill singletrack ever.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TWISTED said:
Sure. Actually I've only been riding xc lately. Give me a heads up and we'll go hit Larch Mtn. in Hockinson. That's where I rode last weekend, both days. Three hours up then twenty minutes to get down. Best downhill singletrack ever.
suuuuhweeeet! :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
cool. Your tibia break is in almost the exact same location and shape as mine! Nice hardware! I can feel my screwheads too. It's weird. If I stretch the skin really tight you can see the outline of the plates. Glad that your walkin again.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
Ohhhh man.......those x-rays bring flash backs of the whole experience, That was creepy. I should go get the truck......;-)
Hahaha....that was funny! Not to make fun of you at all Mike, I was just surprised to how pale you where.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
PsychO!1 said:
Laugh with me, laugh at me, it'a all good, as long as your laughing. :-)

I can handle my own injuries better than I handle other people's injuries, just creeps me out.
Hey man you should grab Brad, Donnie and the rest of the boys for the Galbraith ride, you guys would totally love it up there. Best all around winter XC this side of the border.