Quantcast

Last nights ride photoz

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It was 98 degrees with 80% humidity!!!

Stoneman grabs a little too much front brake on a downhill and endos... no damage though.

Nick

Stoneman:

Post ride shot:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
moff_quigley said:
No helmet AND sandals! The guys you ride with are super gnar core!
Sandals are crazy... not only for the obvious toe damage, but for all the poison ivy/oak/sumack we have here...

And don't miss the bottle of Gatoraid bungied to the back fender... :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
Yeah... how do you get people to wear a helmet anyway? It's been a sore point for over a year with these dudes...

:mumble:
Just wait until they endo wearing sandals and no helm-- oh.

Nevermind.

Some people just won't learn until they hurt themselves badly.

How come you're the only one with no bike in the last picture? Afraid all the bling would overexpose the picture? ;)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
How come you're the only one with no bike in the last picture? Afraid all the bling would overexpose the picture? ;)

Some nasty assed oil field trash worker shat in the middle of the trail and I ran over it... and with no bike wash at the trail, I left my bike far away from the group photo...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Though I wear a helmet, I am not a crusader for others' safety. Who gives a **** so long as they are insured? Id say that in the longrun, that theyre cycling instead of just eating chips and watching maury is the better option

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Though I wear a helmet, I am not a crusader for others' safety. Who gives a **** so long as they are insured? Id say that in the longrun, that theyre cycling instead of just eating chips and watching maury is the better option
As long as you don't care about them enough to try to help them when they crack their head open. Personally, I just wouldn't want to deal with that.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
As long as you don't care about them enough to try to help them when they crack their head open. Personally, I just wouldn't want to deal with that.
I dont care about them at all. They could go slash their wrists in the woods for all I care

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlyShirley said:

Yes that is true... kinda how I feel about it too. Stoneman (Flynt Stone) is late about 50ish... he's a local dj for the rock station 99x here in town.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
I dont care about them at all. They could go slash their wrists in the woods for all I care
Also, I would consider the trails as well. If a bad crash where someone splits their head open is bad for the trail, then that could also be problematic.

Edit: Bad politically is what I'm talking about. Sometimes trails are in danger from different groups, and someone cracking a head open gives ammunition to those groups trying to get rid of the trail.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
Also, I would consider the trails as well. If a bad crash where someone splits their head open is bad for the trail, then that could also be problematic.
Yeah again, I just havent seen any examples of some idiot busting his head open, it being his own fault, and a trail getting shut down for it. Maybe it's just where Ive lived, but thats not an issue Ive seen. Youre not going to talk me into caring.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Yeah again, I just havent seen any examples of some idiot busting his head open, it being his own fault, and a trail getting shut down for it. Maybe it's just where Ive lived, but thats not an issue Ive seen. Youre not going to talk me into caring.
I'm just pointing out that there are other factors to consider.

Locally, I heard a rumor about a trail here that was in jeopardy for a while. One of the tools being used against the trail was that someone had gotten hurt on it. I never got an official story, so it could have been untrue, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
N8 said:
Some nasty assed oil field trash worker shat in the middle of the trail and I ran over it...
:rofl:

I hate to laugh at the misfortune of others, but that $hit MADE me. Besides being potty humor, it's funny 'cause it has almost happened to me on rides one weekend a year every year....when the Trail Runners do a race from the parking lot in Gambrill Park along the Catoctin(blue) Trail to Cunningham Falls Park and back. Those vile, feculent fleetfoots actually leave verminous loaves piled in the middle of the trail, fearing a modest diversion into the woods could cost them a few seconds ET. Most dumps lack even a square of TP, a sheaf of leaves, a hunk of bark or a wad of moss in accompaniment, so I can only assume the added lubrication provided by a mid-stride turd is considered a benefit not to be so quickly surrendered to wiping.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Old Man G Funk said:
I'm just pointing out that there are other factors to consider.

Locally, I heard a rumor about a trail here that was in jeopardy for a while. One of the tools being used against the trail was that someone had gotten hurt on it. I never got an official story, so it could have been untrue, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Fair enough, but I just think we're overly afraid of the litigious nature of the US. That is, we overestimate it sometimes. I dont think frivilous lawsuits typically do well in the south anyway. Usually the trail rules are posted up at the trailheads down here, so if someone does somehting like that, **** em.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
N8 said:
Some nasty assed oil field trash worker shat in the middle of the trail and I ran over it... and with no bike wash at the trail, I left my bike far away from the group photo...

hi. :wave: Wah...I wanted to see a photo of that bike in action!!!

:love: :rofl: :rolleyes: :mumble: :redX: :dead: :drool: :bomb: :angry: :banghead: :devil: :eviltongu :agree: :confused: :nonono: :eek: :thumb: :looney: :dancing: :heart: :D ;) :weee:

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
MudGrrl said:
what about that lawyer who hit a 'hole' on a trail and is trying to shut down the area?
WOW a lawyer trying to get money for doing nothing..... someone call the press......

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BurlyShirley said:
Fair enough, but I just think we're overly afraid of the litigious nature of the US. That is, we overestimate it sometimes. I dont think frivilous lawsuits typically do well in the south anyway. Usually the trail rules are posted up at the trailheads down here, so if someone does somehting like that, **** em.
Actually I remember a story a few years back about the whole "efedera" (sp?) issue where the first trials were intentionally held in the south. Aparently trial lawyer have figured out that Southerners are more likely to side with the "injured" person and they hand out larger paydays than other areas.