Quantcast

Last weekend @ Big Bear before winter...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Man, that sucks. I always liked those cold, empty November days riding nearly alone...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Poop Chute is officially closed...atleast on my list.... I guess they sorta started "grooming" that side of the slope.. Sad news for Rabie.

blah!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Since the last day is coming up, I am going whether the GF and the physical therapist say I can or not. If I can walk, I can ride dang it! I am thinking Saturday of the last weekend. Anyone else?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
FOCK!!!

Turns out I can't get a ride on a Saturday.

SO I'll be there the very last weekend. I guess I'll at least get to set my fork up before my first race (southridge). Shat this sucks.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
EBasil said:
2N10 is a Forest Service Road. If you get to it by riding up from next to Bear Mountain, it's open all year. It's not like there'll be any snow real soon, either.
I was kinda... kidding lol. I guess in some other thread the guys were busting me up for not being able to lay the shat down on fall line so SOMEONE suggested 2n10.

BUT. YEA-YUH! Turns out I can make it to the fall classic. Fo real.

ZJChaser

Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Orange County, CA
I'll be riding the SHARE poker ride in Aliso on saturday and Big Bear on sunday with my buddy Nick.

chime in here...whos gonna be there sunday for the last horah of the summer(unless they decide to keep it open longer)

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Nice! I hope to be up Sat and Sun myself. (looks like we're going east for Thanksgiving, though...too bad, because we were looking forward to planning another great BB weekend...we'll miss ya.)

MD

R

Rabie

MikeD said:
Nice! I hope to be up Sat and Sun myself. (looks like we're going east for Thanksgiving, though...too bad, because we were looking forward to planning another great BB weekend...we'll miss ya.)

MD
Are you getting a place for sure? I'm busy Sat morning so I was planning on coming up Sunday, but if I'm off early Sat, I was thinking about heading up for the afternoon and staying for Sun.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sunday Sunday SUNDAY! I am going on Sunday. I hope I finally get to meet some of you. I will be on the red Yeti DH9. Red tube frame.. not the monocoque. Look for me, I will be the one going slow, and crying because the jumps and drops are too big for an old slow fat bastard like me. :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Ciaran said:
I will be the one crying because the jumps and drops are too big for an old slow fat bastard like me. :D
have you ever been before...the jumps at BB are small and pathetic at best...JMO....D

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Orven said:
we're loooking at getting a condo (mot 6 is booked) so anyone willing to chip in is welcome
Count me in ... maybe we can get a group together for Octoberfest Saturday night.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
have you ever been before...the jumps at BB are small and pathetic at best...JMO....D
Many times... In truth I do hit the jumps and am not that slow. Better to set the expectations low though. Hell, the last time I was there I broke my leg!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
downhillzeypher said:
Not to mention the drops... they're more pathetic than some curbs I've dropped.
But that's why you get so creative with your freeride style...I've seen you turn the straightest sections of Summit into drops of up to, oh...(umm, how tall are you again?)

MD

R

Rabie

Pegboy said:
Saturday. First in a month or so,...scary.
Having just ridden Summit for the first time in two months last weekend, I have some advice for you. Be careful judging your speed on the ski jump. That's all I have to say about that.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I'm planning on going up early Sat. morning from bellflower so if anyone in the OC or LA area want to carpool to offset the $10,000/gallon gas price let me know. Oh yeah, I usually straight shoot the 91 or could possibly go the 10, and would rather not drive too far out of the way to pick anyone up but we could work a meeting point if need be.
-J

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Pegboy said:
I'm planning on going up early Sat. morning from bellflower so if anyone in the OC or LA area want to carpool to offset the $10,000/gallon gas price let me know. Oh yeah, I usually straight shoot the 91 or could possibly go the 10, and would rather not drive too far out of the way to pick anyone up but we could work a meeting point if need be.
-J
Jason, I'll split the costs with you. You can drive or I can, does not matter.
Give me a ring @ 714 814 2503

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
5'9.

Man I wish I could make it up this weekend... I wanna get get some more time in on my super t...

I hate not having a license. (just one more week!!!)

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I wish we all had anouther week to sit on a lift chair and reflect on the next line to take when we get to the top.
Damn, taking things for granted again, blah blah blah and now it's over. Enjoy it cause next week will all be pedalling back up or shutlling if your lucky.

R

Rabie

Um, like, before people get all nostalgic, has anyone received official word that this is the last weekend for riding? I mean it doesn't look like it's snowing to me, and last year it just closed early cause the whole world was on fire.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
www.snowsummit.com said:
"Current Report as of:
Monday October 11, 2004

The Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair is now open weekends only until the beginning of the 2004/2005 winter season. Get your mountain bike tuned, your shoes laced and your camera ready for some excellent riding, hiking and sightseeing at Snow Summit!
Well, the website only says it's no longer open on WEEKDAYS until the end of the season...I'll keep my tissues stowed. Then again, it's just a website, so who knows?

MD