Quantcast

!@@@ Le Munday @@@!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So King Soopers/Kroger's is on strike right now. Safeway is FULL. Every lane has a checker, 5-6 people deep, self checkout is 15 people deep. Hot damn. People aren't crossing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So King Soopers/Kroger's is on strike right now. Safeway is FULL. Every lane has a checker, 5-6 people deep, self checkout is 15 people deep. Hot damn. People aren't crossing.
Those lines haven't been seen here since the before times.

...and I guess the last lock down when for whatever reason there's more people waiting in line to check out, than there are people shopping in the store.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Those lines haven't been seen here since the before times.

...and I guess the last lock down when for whatever reason there's more people waiting in line to check out, than there are people shopping in the store.
There are three King Soopers very nearby and only one Safeway. That makes a lot of sense why the lines are super long. I'm actually at Target waiting in line right now with Haley. And the lines here are huge also mostly grocery stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wish I had snow to do fun outdoor stuff. And the motivation too. Was about to get ready for bed, looked at my watch it was only 8:30. 20 more minutes then I will.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got all geared up to go for a walk so I could see if there was any traffic outside the neighborhood. Couldn't even get on the driveway because the snow/ice was solid and uber slick. Could barely walk through the grass to the road, which was the same as the driveway. Turned around, and took another nap instead.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got all geared up to go for a walk so I could see if there was any traffic outside the neighborhood. Couldn't even get on the driveway because the snow/ice was solid and uber slick. Could barely walk through the grass to the road, which was the same as the driveway. Turned around, and took another nap instead.
Y u no ice skates

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Made actual, real progress on Bong Shed framing today. Finished up what I was working on by headlamp, have to remember to get a picture tomorrow. Running a pneumatic framing nailer is so, so satisfying.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Until it blows a seal.
shouldn't you be in bed already?

we went sledding before all the snow melted.
schools around here canceled tomorrow, as per usual, b/c all the melt on the roads freezes overnight and by the time it thaws it's too late to run the busses, even though it'll be 40 and sunny with zero snow left by 10:00.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I left the parts cleaner juice in the car. It froze and it busted open in the back. It has the consistency of honey. I scraped most of it up. Shit is $10 a half gallon.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I left the parts cleaner juice in the car. It froze and it busted open in the back. It has the consistency of honey. I scraped most of it up. Shit is $10 a half gallon.
A half gallon of Citra Solv fell over on it's side in my closet. The bottle material is obviously solvent resistant, but the cap was not. It ate all the finish off the hardwood floor and leaked into the basement apartment. Place did smell like oranges for a while.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Well, tonight was expensive. Offer we put in on Sunday was accepted, all they asked for was 3 days rent back, I call that a win, last place wanted $75k and a month of free rent back.

Broke out the good shit for a sip in celebration, because the new house has a bar. Now we just have to hope escrow goes smoothly…
DC7ECD7F-122D-4F73-B1CC-1C80F2EB8CDB.jpeg
A7C60292-1E1F-44F5-8020-590CD132EB88.jpeg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Well, tonight was expensive. Offer we put in on Sunday was accepted, all they asked for was 3 days rent back, I call that a win, last place wanted $75k and a month of free rent back.

Broke out the good shit for a sip in celebration, because the new house has a bar. Now we just have to hope escrow goes smoothly…
View attachment 170504View attachment 170505
Do you get to keep the table and chairs?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Do you get to keep the table and chairs?
No, but honestly it’s too small for the space, my current dining table is bigger than that and I still think it’s too small for that dining room. I’ll build a freshie as soon as I get the shop situation settled, which will take a while, it’s got a 3 car garage, never had that much room for activities.

Mazeltov!
Let’s just wait and see what our resident real estate curmudgeon Skrdshtles has to say about this.
Gracias, we’re pumped! Big ass house, 3 car garage, bar, pedal distance to 3 epic trail systems, less than 125 feet from a park for the kiddo, good schools, RV parking on the side with full hook ups. I’ll keep some Newcastle in the bar, just for his curmudgeonly self.

Honestly the economics of this entire transaction make no sense to me, but we managed to make it work by selling our house to Open Door, which admittedly nets us less than we could have gotten on the open market (was prepping our house for sale, see yesterdays new door post) but it meant we could make an offer without contingency because they pay cash, and that’s what clinched it. Open Door is still giving us way more than anybody should honestly pay to live in my current neighborhood, and it gets us into what’s pretty much a dream home for us for barely more than our current monthly. So fuck it, I’m buying a ///House, logic be damned.