Quantcast

***Le Thursderp***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I am le tired. Ran 13 miles balls early, still barely beat the heat, and sure didn't beat the humidity. Good lord......

But, time to go eat all the things.

Couple pictures from the run. Views were "meh".

Not sure what these are about, but these little Space Invaders looking little things are everywhere.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Enjoy your stay and eat all the food. So it's Paris, Italy and then home or do you have any other stops planned?

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Back to work today after 12 days off. :stosh:. Home appraisal day today; unless something goes majorly awry we have reached the point of no return. Best get cranking on the to do list, we close in 3 weeks.

In laws bought tickets for the 4 of us to go to Germany for Christmas, so that's pretty neat.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Back to work today after 12 days off. :stosh:.
Didn't you quit recently?

Morning! Beer time with @jstuhlman , @Sandwich and @w00dy was nice last night. Their IPA selection was spectacular, Cat's Meow on tap being my favorite. It is back to the machines now, with some extra adventure thanks to a planned fire drill today. I cannot wait to descent 22 floors on poorly ventilated stairs. On a positive note, "severance package" money from previous company arrived yesterday so perhaps I should buy another Canfield? :think:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Worked later than planned last night, didn't ride. #losing.
Made dinner and sat outside while a lightning/thunderstorm rolled over the mountains and thru town.

I put a 2.3 HR2 on the rear wheel yesterday, hoping for a bit less drag on the stupid climbs around here.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I put a 2.3 HR2 on the rear wheel yesterday, hoping for a bit less drag on the stupid climbs around here.
I've done that a few weeks ago. Less drag than previous tire (but the bar was very low), good traction and it hasn't assploded on me, yet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Morning! Beer time with @jstuhlman , @Sandwich and @w00dy was nice last night. Their IPA selection was spectacular, Cat's Meow on tap being my favorite. It is back to the machines now, with some extra adventure thanks to a planned fire drill today. I cannot wait to descent 22 floors on poorly ventilated stairs. On a positive note, "severance package" money from previous company arrived yesterday so perhaps I should buy another Canfield? :think:
I'll be giving my notice on Monday with a last day of 6/22. Of course another guy in my group gave his notice while I was out with his last day being tomorrow, so my boss will be losing 2/3 engineers under him in the course of 2 weeks. That'll go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Boy #2 had food poisoning last night. Poor little guy was dry heaving and couldn't figure out what was happening to him . Didn't get much sleep,, which puts ride night in peril.

Waiting in line to fulfil my civic duty.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

much fun was had. I did complain about IPAs. and we spent a lot of time making fun of each other.

it was great.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Took the boy on a three mile hike yesterday, did great for being 3.5 years old. We ended up turning back early as we had a bear sow and a cub start grunting at us from way too close...... Good times

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
weed wacked my foot last night. rookie move. went and put socks & jeans on after that.
planted, yard worked tended to the deck garden. the shed variety we are growing is going slow. not expecting much but still fun to have a few plants.
Going to my ladies yoga class tonight then a B on the deck with beers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode into work today, treating dog-walkers to 3 seconds of Hamilton as I zipped by via a Bluetooth speaker. Said speaker successfully attempted to escape on a really minor bump early in my ride, so it already has been adorned with battle scars.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I rode into work today, treating dog-walkers to 3 seconds of Hamilton as I zipped by via a Bluetooth speaker. Said speaker successfully attempted to escape on a really minor bump early in my ride, so it already has been adorned with battle scars.
I want to punch folks hiking with those.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
external speakers
e-bikes

what's next, kicking puppies?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkeys! While I am not in Paris and didn't ride yesterday I finally mounted tires on the super fancy (for me) Giant carbon rims I bought in January of 2017... Last summer I was only able to seat the bead on the front rim, I gave up on the rear and forgot about them until now. Even with the new pump and soapy water it took me over an hour to mount the rear tire. The front tire had gone flat so I decided to clean out the sealant, that was another hour. :rant:

They didn't lose any pressure overnight, I will ride them tonight. They are XC rims so my plan is to be blown away by their amazing out of the box acceleration and effortless spin.

I also ended up getting a pair of Specialized "Expert" MTB shoes that fit awesome in a medium 43 with no extra width required. They had been on the shelf for over 5 years and have the velcro closures instead of the twisty wire things.

While I was trying on shoes 2 customers (one lady, one guy) test rode e-bikes. The lady tested a Giant city type bike and the guy tested a Specialized, neither bought. I asked the shop guy how many e-bikes they sold this year and the answer was ZERO. :banana:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Long day today to make for short day tomorrow. 3:30 will not come soon enough today.

Fun fact: except for @work or special things where a t-shirt is not appropriate, I have worn one of my RM Secret Santa t's for the last 6 months. 3 months straight on funemployment.

The wife asked if I even bother looking for other shirts. 2 have been stained too bad for public display, the other 11 are still going strong.

Best Xmas gift EVAR!!! Can't thank my RM SS enough, whomever you are. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I want to punch folks hiking with those.
I'm not in some pristine rainforest here. This is on the Sand Creek Greenway, inhabited by dog walkers, homeless encampments, and bike commuters; on paved bike paths in Stapleton; or in the bike lane on Montview Blvd.

external speakers
e-bikes

what's next, kicking puppies?
:D

Maybe a recumbent again just for you?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, decides it's a good day to go to the museum and see the guitar exhibit. Then gonna take little man, the bike, and the trailer up to sourdough canyon for a ride. Let's see if I can get ten miles or so done.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Clusterfuck on the trails last night. Besides there being like 13-14 dudes, one guy broke his chain about 100 meters from the trail head. I was the only guy to hang back and assist at the car (though to be fair he told everyone to keep going). Later while the two of us were doing our own thing, the main group somehow "lost" one other guy. Apparently said dude just somehow dipped out and went down a ridge while everyone else stayed up high. Chaos. :busted:

I get my Banshee Rune frame tonight. Woot. :D

And riding some fun trails with some peoples.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Third ride on the new bike Clarice last night, she's getting dialed. Added two additional volume spacers to the Fox 36 fork, es mas muy bueno! Considering a volume spacer for the rear shock as well, something seems a bit off there... like the shock is giving up travel too readily for my liking. It seems to only occur on bigger hits at mach banana speeds, so it might be a problem with an "add high speed compression" solution, though. Will inwestigate on this evening's ride.

My ultimate plan is to fine tune the bike as well as I can myself, get it riding really balanced and whatnot. Then throw a ShockWiz on there and see if it tells me to change stuff, and what to change.

I should make/keep notes. :think: