Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I interviewed with a company via a recruiter once. They wanted to extend me an offer and asked my minimum salary requirements. I gave them my minimal acceptable salary. They offered $5K less, I declined the offer. The recruiter became irate and was yelling and screaming at me over the phone. I calmly gave a detailed description of what the word "minimum" meant and it's context in boolean logic.
RE: Recruiters

I recently was contacted by a “recruiter” in my industry about a position. It sounded like a good fit so I went through a couple interviews and all was good. Then I had the “big” interview and shortly into it knew this wasn’t going to work and would be the wrong move. It was evident to those interviewing me that they picked up on this and I wasn’t offered the position.

Fast forward a couple months.

The same recruiter reaches out to me again with another opportunity. Again, sounds good, so he gives me a call. During the call I ask for the name of the company (in confidence) and it’s the same company that I previously interviewed with. Turns out I made the right move because a Sales Manager was forcing the guy who got the position to change info on technical documents to make a sale – and he actually did it, which = unemployed.

At this point I realize this recruiter has no idea who I am, so I enlightened him. DUDE. I already interviewed with that place. THROUGH YOU. I’m not interested. No, I don’t want to revisit it. Goodbye.

I’ve not met a recruiter in the last 20 years that was worth a crap or wasn’t very lazy.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

I recently was contacted by a “recruiter” in my industry about a position. It sounded good like a good fit so I went through a couple interviews and all was good. Then I had the “big” interview and shortly into it knew this wasn’t going to work and would be the wrong move. It was evident to those interviewing me that they picked up on this and I wasn’t offered the position.

The same recruiter reaches out to me again with another opportunity. Again, sounds good, so he gives me a call. During the call I ask for the name of the company (in confidence) and it’s the same company that I previously interviewed with. Turns out I made the right move because a Sales Manager was forcing the guy who got the position to change info on technical documents to make a sale – and he actually did it, which = unemployed.

At this point I realize this recruiter has no idea who I am, so I enlightened him. DUDE. I already interviewed with that place. THROUGH YOU. I’m not interested. No, I don’t want to revisit it. Goodbye.

I’ve not met a recruiter in the last 20 years that was worth a crap or wasn’t very lazy.
I have handled a lot of recruitment in my career. I would say 1/5 recruiters are worthwhile in my experience.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Long ago, I was one too. In my experience, the current breed wouldn’t last when I was doing it. Or at least not the ones that I have dealt with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I recently was contacted by a “recruiter” in my industry about a position. It sounded good like a good fit so I went through a couple interviews and all was good. Then I had the “big” interview and shortly into it knew this wasn’t going to work and would be the wrong move. It was evident to those interviewing me that they picked up on this and I wasn’t offered the position.

I recently had a similar experience. Was very clear that not only I wasn't the right person for the job but I didn't want it. The job requisition was extremely vague so I didn't know exactly what it was about. The disapointing thing is that it was very clear from my resume I wasn't the right person. I would generally expect someone other than the recruiter to review resumes, it was clear that they had not. They sent me a questionnaire asking about my interview experience, I pretty much told them that they had disrespected my time and I could only assume that would extend to how they treat their employees, I would not be seeking any different roles with that company nor would I recommend anyone else. Some bridges need to be burned.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Same can be said for the military....

In other news....

Glad I pulled the minijet from the river, spent the last hour and 2 tanks of fuel through the 500i cutting a whole cottonwood that floated down and hung up on the dock. Was about 3 foot in diameter and all the limbs and roots were intact. Someone downriver will likely be dealing with it next.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

In my industry if you falsify data you risk jail time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
MIL is/was being annoying tonight. Of course my wife left the baby monitor downstairs, so you bet she knows it too. Wife also said her mom might be an alcoholic and needs an intervention.

Just in time for Christmas! :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
For $100 you can get the bargain bail out option, we come to your house and kidnap you for a ransom.

For $500 its the police arrest package and tell your fam you will be lodged for the next 24 hours pending and investigation.

For $1k you get the uncle GFF (referee) package where I agree with everything you say and help win arguments whilst herding inlaws and annoyances to other rooms with scientology brochures.