Quantcast

Leat Brace compatibility

Evan55

Chimp
Jan 8, 2010
I have the 2010 rockgardn flak jacket that claims to be leatt compatible. it sort of is... you can tuck the back peice behind the back protector, but the front of hte leatt is very akward. you cant zip it up all the way while wearing a leatt.

i just got the TLD armor shirt. its ok, but the padding is too squishy and isnt going to do as much as a real armor vest in a hard fall. if you can squeeze the padding easily just with your hands, how much energy is it really absorbing?
id love to see padding upgrade kits for it because otherwise its a great armor shirt.

my remedy works fine with the leatt, not sure why someone would say it doesnt. its a simple principle and as long as your helmet is cinched down tight its going to work.

Im still looking for a good armor vest (not roost guard...) that is leatt compatible. there really arent any, save perhaps the knox

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Haven't been wearing torso armor much since I started using a Leatt then had a crash that made me regret it. I was hacking together a combo of my old Rockgardn jacket with the spine protector removed plus a Dainese pack with a built in spine protector, but the pack made the brace ride up.

Anyways, just got one of these - http://www.evocsports.com/products/protection-wear/protector-jacket. It ticks my personal checkboxes - short sleeved, useable shoulder pads that will stay in place, a full length substantial spine protector and a kidney belt. It also has hip pads as a bonus; unfortunately the chest padding is a joke but I can live with that. It has straps to adjust the position of the shoulder pads (which are way more substantial then the TLD jacket) and the kidney belt can be moved up or down to dial in the placement. Material is some kind of moisture wicking stuff. Overall it seems like everything will stay in place when you go down. Most importantly my Leatt fits with no issues, with the armor under the jersey and the Leatt over. Only downsides besides the lack of chest protection is the price, but unfortunately there's not a whole lot of good alternatives out there.