Quantcast

Leave Me Alone

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Anyone ever had to deal with a stalker ?

About eight years ago I created a fake Facebook account to find out who was trying to reach me through a local person. Turns out it was a woman whom I haven't had any contact since I was 13 years old. I have no interest in talking to her since she represents a painful part of my childhood. So I didn't respond to her attempts to make contact, thinking she would go away.

A couple years ago or so she started liking my business Facebook page. She then sent a friend request which I declined. A few days ago she sent me an email to which I have not responded. Then today I get a text from an area code different from her home state, stating that she was trying to get a hold of me. Also did not respond to this attempt as well.

This is getting creepy. I have not thought about this person, nor had any contact since she moved when I was thirteen years old. And I really don't know what to do. I intensely do not like having to relive some past horrible experiences for this psycho.

Any thoughts my trusted Monkey brethren ?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Have you told her that you do not want to talk to her? If it brings up stuff from your past that you have moved on from, she needs to respect that. If she can't, cease and desist or even call the cops see if they have any options for you. Good Luck.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Have you told her that you do not want to talk to her? If it brings up stuff from your past that you have moved on from, she needs to respect that. If she can't, cease and desist or even call the cops see if they have any options for you. Good Luck.
I would think that non-response to her attempts and a denied FB friend request should be sufficient. I absolutely should not have to communicate to this person that I don't want anything to do with them. I wish she would just take the fucking hint.

I do like the thought of her getting an attorney letter in the mail though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would think that non-response to her attempts and a denied FB friend request should be sufficient. I absolutely should not have to communicate to this person that I don't want anything to do with them. I wish she would just take the fucking hint.

Does it make sense to pay an attorney to write a letter to say fuck off before doing it yourself?\

Personally I would make contact but communicate strictly via bear gifs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cease and Desist is only a good option if she gets local. If she is another state not much will/can happen. Gaining useful recent info on her through a intermediary will be your best bet. Then a restraining order will have more teeth. NC also has a Electronic harassment law, but once again it only has teeth in NC. Since she has contacted you at your business. That is outside the normal instance of casual contact. If you have advised her to not contact you already, then you should do so immediately. Then and only then can further contact be described as a cyber stalking crime. The law in NC is rather unclear. I would get advisement from Counsel just to be sure.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
piihb

But really I'd fabricate a firm response telling her to not contact you under any circumstances. If she still does, escalate the matter.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I was beat to PIIHB. Theres this trick i used to do when i wanted to get rid of a girl. Tell her you love her. If that doesnt work tell her you want to get married and have lots of kids "now" like 9 kids and she cooks and cleans. But i haven't tried that since i was in my 20's. It may not work for the 30's plus crowd of women. Also are you already married? Tell her you want her to be your shed wife. She lives in a shed in the yard and you only PIIHB when you feel like it and she does what your wife says.

Have you thought that maybe she wants to apologize or work through some issues. Ten minutes now could save you hours later.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a friend of my brothers dealt with it this way with a clingy ex in college....shit in a cooler....put cooler in a boc....mailed box to ex.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Here's the perfect response:

"Do I want to be your friend?
e19.jpeg

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Any idea why she wants to be friends? Maybe she has a big check from Ed McMahon that was left at the old house for you.

As much as may pain you, I would suggest a terse but polite email response to her telling her essentially what you told us above, and ending with something along the lines of "...please do not attempt to contact me again."

Any idea why she wants to be friends? Maybe she has a big check from Ed McMahon that was left at the old house for you.

As much as may pain you, I would suggest a terse but polite email response to her telling her essentially what you told us above, and ending with something along the lines of "...please do not attempt to contact me again."
Pretty close to what I was thinking, absent more details on the nature of past wrongs...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I have know idea why she wants to talk to me. And for all I know it may not be for friendly reasons. She could be a complete psycho, Hell bent on fucking with people. I am not going to assume her intentions are good.

If I respond to any of her attempts it's confirmation that she's found me. Right know based on what I know, she doesn't know for sure it it's me or not. No pics of me on either FB pages.

Got another text from her when I got done riding. She promises that she's not a stalker and wants to "know if this is he or buzz off or something."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have know idea why she wants to talk to me. And for all I know it may not be for friendly reasons. She could be a complete psycho, Hell bent on fucking with people. I am not going to assume her intentions are good.

If I respond to any of her attempts it's confirmation that she's found me. Right know based on what I know, she doesn't know for sure it it's me or not. No pics of me on either FB pages.

Got another text from her when I got done riding. She promises that she's not a stalker and wants to "know if this is he or buzz off or something."
I dont know...sounds pretty stalker-ish to me. Especially if this has been going on for 8+ years...

Do you know anyone back in the old neighborhood that you would trust to investigate her motives?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I dont know...sounds pretty stalker-ish to me. Especially if this has been going on for 8+ years...

Do you know anyone back in the old neighborhood that you would trust to investigate her motives?
It hasn't been 8+ years consecutively. Started around 2009 with a few attempts, then nothing until a year or two ago.

No, no one to contact back there. She moved when I was 13 and I haven't talked to her in the past three decades and then some.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Seriously though. JD and stoney offering good advice. An initial consult with a lawyer ought to be free, and if need be, it sounds like it might be worth it to you to just pay whatever to make it all legal.