Quantcast

Leg Cramps

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I was never able to sort out my leg cramps problem since last summer. The sport doctor I went to see knew squat about cramps and he told me to live with it. What kind of a answer is that!

I did all the blood test and of course I am very very healty:rolleyes: no luck there! I did some research and found that for people training hard and taking protein supplements can have a lack of magnesium. Vitamin E is also very good to prevent cramping and of course streching and hydratation. One grandmaish tip was to take apple cider vinegar to get rid of a cramps. I don't know about that last one but I am willing to try anything

So here's what I will try for the next couple of weeks.

1 banana in the morning (potassium)
3 X 150 mg of magnesium
3 X 300 mb of calcium (to help absorb magnesium)
400 ui of Vitamin E
no more protein shakes.
stretching
hydratation

I will keep you posted on the result. I hope this will solve my prob because doing 100 km a day with a 50 pounds trailer for 5 weeks is not a time you want to have leg cramps!!!!!!:eek: I am so scared that this will ruin my trip:confused:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have been very lucky in that department and have not experienced cramping for many years. When I was just getting into speed and distance cramps would sometimes occure due to to much too fast for too long. Poor blood circulation may be an issue that leads to mysterious cramps. I say that 60 miles a day is a reasonable touring distance, get off the bike and stretch every 25K or so. With your tour gear being pretty heavy you'll need to push lower gears. Good luck!