Quantcast

Legal Prostitution????

G

gravity

prostitutes are unfortunately, usually trapped in prostitution by one means or another. call me a coward, but it's a world i wish to have nothing to do with. i wish i could help, but the politics and danger inherent in that sleazy sort of stuff is beyond my grasp or comprehension.

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Ewww I can't imagine being desperate enough to ever sleep with a prostitute. I wonder if the demand for prostitution has changed over the years.

May as well legalize it, it's not like criminalizing it stops it, and I can see some positive attributes to it being legal.

G

gravity

Originally posted by gecko
Ewww I can't imagine being desperate enough to ever sleep with a prostitute. I wonder if the demand for prostitution has changed over the years.

May as well legalize it, it's not like criminalizing it stops it, and I can see some positive attributes to it being legal.
i think Shockwave pointed out more negatives to legalising it..... i feel sorry for the people trapped in prostitution, and if it's "legal" and you can't help em get out, well then you've only made it worse.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Babar
Hey Toshi is it true that you get kicked out from Harvard if you get anything lower than GPA 2.0 or C ? or close range ?

My friends and i were talking about that and one of em said that they kick ya out if you don't do so good...
It's true. Get a D and you're put on probation by the ad board (adminstrative board) and if you don't shape up, then you are forced to take time off. I think it was something like 12 months away from Boston, with you working for 6 months.

T

Tenaciousle0

That Ivy league stuff is crazy. I don't know if I would go to one of those schools, even if i could afford it:nopity:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Tenaciousle0
That Ivy league stuff is crazy. I don't know if I would go to one of those schools, even if i could afford it:nopity:
All of the Ivies, afaik, have need-blind admissions and are pretty generous with the financial aid (assuming you're living within the US -- you're on your own if you're a foreigner), just for the record.