Quantcast

Leogang Lizard Cup 2018

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
I rode the track already this year. Haven´t been a fan at all in recent years, but i gotta say i´m optimistic for this years race. The track has developed pretty nicely and while there are of course still the motorway section and a few bikeparky corners, a lot of the track has eroded quite a bit and made for some interesting riding, especially in the rain. So let´s hope it rains on sunday and we should be in for a good day of downhill racing! :rockout:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I rode the track already this year. Haven´t been a fan at all in recent years, but i gotta say i´m optimistic for this years race. The track has developed pretty nicely and while there are of course still the motorway section and a few bikeparky corners, a lot of the track has eroded quite a bit and made for some interesting riding, especially in the rain. So let´s hope it rains on sunday and we should be in for a good day of downhill racing! :rockout:
heretic

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so lets see, Minnaar still out with a case of ass, guys.

Will Gwin stay on his bike?

Will we see another rider take their first world cup win??

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
in the vital post race interview whitely said they're working on japan in 2021 and mammoth for 2019. #atleastitssomewheredifferent
Whiteley's Vital podcast was fascinating, if you're into that sort of thing. The message was we'd all love to go to Schladming and a million other places, but those venues have to step up and host the race.

I seem to remember last time Scladming were going to host a world cup, they pulled out because they didn't have the resources to do that and an FIS ski world cup in the same season. At the last minute, Legoland stepped in to fill the gap and we've been returning ever since.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Whiteley's Vital podcast was fascinating, if you're into that sort of thing. The message was we'd all love to go to Schladming and a million other places, but those venues have to step up and host the race.

I seem to remember last time Scladming were going to host a world cup, they pulled out because they didn't have the resources to do that and an FIS ski world cup in the same season. At the last minute, Legoland stepped in to fill the gap and we've been returning ever since.
After the last WC in Schladming they were hosting the FIS Ski World Championships. There were massive construction works going on in the preparation for this. It would not have been possible to have a race while these works were done.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
After the last WC in Schladming they were hosting the FIS Ski World Championships. There were massive construction works going on in the preparation for this. It would not have been possible to have a race while these works were done.
yea this is pretty much what happened. i think once they hosted FIS worlds, the money they made from a UCI DH race seemed like peanuts.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
yea this is pretty much what happened. i think once they hosted FIS worlds, the money they made from a UCI DH race seemed like peanuts.
The World Champs were a once in 30 years event, the annual World Cup Mens Slalom is not. 45000 spectators, most of them staying over night and partying hard. That's where the event money is, besides the regular skiing season.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The World Champs were a once in 30 years event, the annual World Cup Mens Slalom is not. 45000 spectators, most of them staying over night and partying hard. That's where the event money is, besides the regular skiing season.

that photo contains more spectators than an entire season of uci dh racing.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I used to ski race the slalomz wearing the fox gear I wore when I rode DH. The fad never took off but it pissed off the other guys(dentists)

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Go for it bruni frenchie. I'd love to see someone win a race on a stumpjumper. Graves hasn't had much luck on one in the EWS.

I can't imagine that the specialized trail bike is that much more betterer than their fancy dh bike. I can see the trail bike faster at the bike park, but slower in the tech gnar. But a light, fast, dh bike can definitely go just as fast as a trail bike in the park bit and faster in the tech gnar. Plus the dh bike would be more forgiving and easier on the body.

For me, I'd go dh bike.

Edit: wait, did I just succumb to click bait? Dammit frenchie click bait! Lol

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
About Bruni, please don't fall in that BS marketing pit! :bonk:

On another topic, what do you think of this:
s1600_fw18_22V8419.jpg