Quantcast

Let me live at your house and work at your job this summer!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I’m moving from San Luis Obispo, CA, to CO this summer. So far, it’s looking like Boulder will be the easiest to inhabit for the summer months, but Durango, Crested Butte, and Winter Park all seem like contenders as well. So I’m wondering if anyone needs to sublet an apartment for the summer, wants to rent a room for three months, or wants to make some $$$ by renting out their garage… I’m also hoping someone has some employment ideas. I’m a junior here at CalPoly, majoring in English with a minor in Spanish. Since I need to pay rent, eat, and travel to the nationals, it hopefully will be a full time, weekly job. Anything that pays better than minimum wage will be doable. Bike shop jobs aren’t too feasible since they don’t pay well, and they almost always require weekend hours. Plus, I already have sweet bikes, so I don’t really need to buy anything else… nor can I afford to! So if you have any great ideas besides Craigslist, I’d love to hear them! Boulder seems like the best place because it has a rad BMX scene, good dirt jumps, sweet trails, and lots of cute girls at the college… so all Boulderites, where can I live?

p.s. If you want to live in SLO for the winter, I can make some arrangements…

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
neversummersnow, clear out your PM box! Other than that:
Awesome! Where do you live? How much do you want for rent? Utilities? Any garage space for my bikes? (I'll have as few as two, or as many as five) I'm gonna hit the Park City National, then drive over to Colorado immediately after the race. I'd probably arrive on the 20th of June. I'm getting excited, this summer is gonna rule.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
email me...

Brines@colorado.edu

I live on 30th and Aurora...about 2 blocks east of campus...

All and all it's a cool place...no garage but you'll have plenty of room for your stuff. Really it would go on the market for sublet in May but we can prolly work something out. Not to mention I might be purchasing a place up there around the start of July.

talk to you

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bikenweed said:
I’m moving from San Luis Obispo, CA, to CO this summer. So far, it’s looking like Boulder will be the easiest to inhabit for the summer months, but Durango, Crested Butte, and Winter Park all seem like contenders as well.
Do not. I repeat do *NOT* move to Boulder if you're just going to spend the summer in Colorado. Definitely hook yourself up with a gig in one of those other towns. I *GUARANTEE* you'll have more fun. If you like mountains, that is..........

-S.S.-

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
SkaredShtles said:
Do not. I repeat do *NOT* move to Boulder if you're just going to spend the summer in Colorado. Definitely hook yourself up with a gig in one of those other towns. I *GUARANTEE* you'll have more fun. If you like mountains, that is..........

-S.S.-
I need to move a town that has a lot of possible employment options, I can not afford to live on savings. In addition, I'm not sure how good the BMX scene is any of the other areas. I know there are more MTB trails with less people on them in other areas, but unless you have any suggestions, it seems like Boulder has the best combination of employment, MTB, BMX, and housing. I've only been to Boulder once, but in the three days I was there, we rode a ton of different spots, and there was a ton of stuff within a day's drive. Durango seems like a good possibility, but housing/work is gonna be tough... But if there's a better town, PLEASE let me know!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bikenweed said:
<snip> I've only been to Boulder once, but in the three days I was there, we rode a ton of different spots, and there was a ton of stuff within a day's drive. Durango seems like a good possibility, but housing/work is gonna be tough... But if there's a better town, PLEASE let me know!
Yep - Golden. The riding isn't nearly as restrictive as it is in Boulder. Dunno about BMX.

I still say if you're gonna do the summer gig, do it in a cool town like Durango or Crested Butte and just suck it up - work whatever job/jobs you can find.

-S.S.-

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Durango in the summer should be easy to find a place to live. So many college students commit to 11-12 month leases and then leave in the summer time. It should be really easy. Employment may be alittle tough though. Durango is a small town and all of the college students that do stick around take up most of the summer employment jobs. The ones you might be able to find the wages will suck. They dont pay well because there are plenty of other kids that really want jobs and dont really mind doing the work for less. There is a pretty fun bmx track in town and a few really good bmx racers. Im thinking I am going to move back to Durango right around the 1st of July.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Honostly man, Boulder is sick but if you want a place that you can ride and easily find a job there are better options. Hell, my house in Littleton had riding out the back door, jobs were easier to find, and well...i guess the girls did suck but 2/3 aint bad.

Go CB, Durango, Summit County, Vail (avon), Grand Junction...even suberbs of denver...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sweet, thanks. Durango seemed super rad while we were there for the national last summer. The skatepark in town is supposed to be really good, Chapman Hill has a mountain cross track, and a ton of pro's live in town, so there has to be super duper good riding around. Hmm, so a semi-pro DH'er is gonna love Durango and Crested Butte, cool. Although I'm pretty sure any place can be a good place if you have something decent to ride, and a lot of cool friends to ride it with.