Quantcast

Lets see your NW Beauty

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
hey ktown.freeride,
did you say you had a white boxxer team for sale?
what condition and how much?

oh by the way my ride is a JAVA colored m3
05 dorado(getting replaced probably by an 07 team unless i can find a good white 06)
w/ direct mount crown and upgrade travis integrated stem in it.
(That fork is for sale for 450- MINT condition)
hope m4 brakes 203 front, 160 rear. And for all you small rear brake haters, you dont need a big rear brake because you shouldn't use that much rear brake anyway!!
mavic 729's laced up by Downhill Zone- is a wheel buliding extrodenaire. Those wheels have stayed INCREDIBLY true.
E13 SRS
Chris King headset
Truvativ Holzfellers with howitzer BB
and more....

sorry I dont have pics of it on the ground.
heres the best sideways pic of me.
haha no im not trying to show off.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
some beauties in this thread!!

here is my do-it-all bike...im quite pleased...

it's the little things that put it over the top :)

I love my 6.6

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
some beauties in this thread!!

here is my do-it-all bike...im quite pleased...

it's the little things that put it over the top :)

I love my 6.6

thats one of the hottest 6.6's ive seen. i wish they made that cassette in like a 23-11. lovin the colors

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Was not as buttery out of the box as either of my Sigmas were. Hopefully it's just because it has low hours on it still and is not broken in fully yet. Torsionally very stiff - - those are 36mm stanchions. Travel is 180mm; weight is 6.16 lbs.

RST makes the 7" R1 and the 8" inverted Sigma DH forks; mostly spec'd on bikes in Europe.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
What do they run you ($$$)? For that travel to weight ratio, they seem pretty sick. Have you had any problems with them? Most RST forks I have seen (mainly on low-end bikes) have had some problems. How do the high end ones stack up against the usuall suspects (Boxxers, 888)

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Was not as buttery out of the box as either of my Sigmas were. Hopefully it's just because it has low hours on it still and is not broken in fully yet. Torsionally very stiff - - those are 36mm stanchions. Travel is 180mm; weight is 6.16 lbs.

RST makes the 7" R1 and the 8" inverted Sigma DH forks; mostly spec'd on bikes in Europe.
6.16?!?!?! holy crap, i know a guy that works for rst, i might be way more interested:lighten:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
What do they run you ($$$)? For that travel to weight ratio, they seem pretty sick. Have you had any problems with them? Most RST forks I have seen (mainly on low-end bikes) have had some problems. How do the high end ones stack up against the usuall suspects (Boxxers, 888)
Sorry didn't answer this sooner. I have no $$ references, as I'm on a sponsorship directly from RST. I had troubles with last year's R1 predecessor - - the Rapide Hill. Bushing failure that locked the fork solid. Sent back to R&D for evaluation and got the R1 as a replacement. Sigmas have weak seals, but is not fatal, as you do not lose oil.

Internals on RST DH forks are not spohisticated, but they are effective for me. Sealed and o-ringed cartridge rebound damper in the right leg; springs in left leg. Grease lubrication. No high-speed compression damping or other niceties, but little to go wrong too.

BTW, nice RL9, GrapeApe!

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA

Just finished not two hours ago, this fine ride is an amalgam of new parts and bits from the Yakuza Kumicho (frameset now on sale at Tim's in Everett for $450).

MR.S

Chimp
Jul 27, 2002
Spunaway
For the first time for as long as I remember, I have no new bike lust.
I ride the orange bike the most.

Bighit=
04 frameset
04 888
Diabolus cranks
Odyssey Jim Cielencki Pedals Mag/Sealed
Hayes Mag 8" f/r
Diabolus Bars
Handbuilt front=Mag30/DtSwiss/Dimension hub
Odyssey Cobra 9mm seat
Titec Knockscoper
Salsa QR postbinder
ODIs
Rubbers=Intense 2.7x26/f Gazz 2.5x24/r
Stainless rear dropout
Stainless rear thru axle for XT hubs
XTR rd
King Headset
The rest=stock

Enduro=
06 Enduro expert
Stock except...
ODIs
Diabolus Bars
Diabolus Stem
Weyless platforms

Kona=
04 Cowan
05 DJ1
Diabolus Stem
Diabolus Bars
ODIs
Salsa QR postbinder
Odyssey Jim Cielencki Pedals Mag/Sealed
Diabolus cranks 34t Salsa DH ring/Scab&Fab bashgaurd/tensioner
Pig headset
Hayes Mag 8"/f 6"/r
Handbuilts= Hadley DH 36h f/r hubs/DTSwiss/SunMammoth26"/f SunBFR24"/r
Rubbers= BlueGroove 26x2.5/f Hookworm 24x2.5/r
LX rd
Odyssey Cobra 9mm seat
Saint Shifterpod/r
XT cassette 11x32?
Thompson seatpost

Also...
Schwinn single speed
Bridgestone road bike
GT BMX

As soon as I get new fork/cranks for Enduro I will be done buying bike trinkets forever... I promise.

Attachments

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Just finished not two hours ago, this fine ride is an amalgam of new parts and bits from the Yakuza Kumicho (frameset now on sale at Tim's in Everett for $450).
Good job! Now you just got to get it dirty.... mine looked like a dalmation after yesterday's ride at the Flow Park...

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
rode one of those the other day....they are so awesome. wonder how they would do for 4x. then again, there isn't any 4x around.