Quantcast

Let's talk about old people

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BuddhaRoadkill in the creepy old people was talking about his GGMa and her youth, so I thought it'd be fun to share stories about how crazy the older generation could be :)

I knew my dad visited Denver in the 1950s for an extended period, but I thought he was just touring the country visiting dog and horse race tracks. My Uncle -- who has some kickass stories of his own traveling around the world -- got me up to speed.

My dad wasn't 'traveling', per se. While he did visit several tracks on the way from Florida to Denver, he was more on the run. Did you see the movie "Catch Me If You Can"? Well, my dad wasn't as sophisticated as that guy, but he went a year traveling on banks money.

He was pretty good until a cop in Florida figured it out and instead of tracking my dad down, went to my grandfather and said, "you find him."

A few months later, he found my dad in Denver and sent my Uncle to bring him home.

Was my dad wrong? Of course! But I love knowing that he wasn't just some boring guy in his youth.

Okay, your turn to share.