Quantcast

Lightening, Thunder, Mud...pshhhh

So Finally got out on the mountain to practice a little before saturday. It was thundering, raining, and lightening so the lifts were shut down. So I practiced the DS track 3 times by walking my little out of shape butt all the way up and riding down. WHAT a work out haha. All in all still a fun day, broke the bike and had to come home early to fix it. boo.
On a cooler note, I got out of the shop the other day and the owner (cool one) took me caving!!!! It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. I have been to commercial caves before (lauray caverns and such) but this caves was just a whole in the mountain with a tiny opening for cavers. Its just you, your headlamp, and some water for emergencies and thats it! I suggest to anyone if you get a chance to go with someone who is confident in caves, do go. It is the most eye opening thing in ever.
Ok just had to rant about that...Hope everyone has a FABULOUS day :rolleyes: :rofl: :rolleyes:

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Sounds cool...I've never been caving.
I was at Diablo yesterday. Rode solo so no pics, sorry. Hit the top Progression Drop (6 footer) about three times so I was stoked.

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
SuperKat said:
Sounds cool...I've never been caving.
I was at Diablo yesterday. Rode solo so no pics, sorry. Hit the top Progression Drop (6 footer) about three times so I was stoked.
Congrats on hitting the 6-footer! For some reason, the landing on that thing really bothers me!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
In the past 3 days I have had 2 excellent XC rides. Friday night we rode for 2 1/2 hours and it was GREAT. Rain all day yesterday left the trails quite slick this morning for our ride (will post up some pics in the ride report thread). It was hot so when I got home, it was into the pool with a beer in hand :thumb:

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
Thanks qualude. Everyone says that landing is not so great and the Flume Drop (my next quest) should not be a problem if I can hit that 6er.
Sorry Sunner....don't mean to jack your thread.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
NOOOO00oo0o0o0o0o0o

I wanted to see how your race went. Oh well, you probably had more fun not racing anyway but i really like to live vicariously through everyone on the site.