Quantcast

Lightroom help

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have been trying to apply a watermark to my images before exporting to my hard drive.

The only two ways I can figure out is in the 'Slideshow' and the 'Print' modules.

However, the 'Print' module exports (as a .pdf) with a white border and the 'Slideshow' module exports (as a .jpg) with a black border.

How can I apply a basic watermark like this, but without a border? I don't have Photoshop or other applications.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
lightroom can be a pain in the ass....

for some reason light room edits my RAW photos automatically, like it does an auto "leveling"....

i could not figre it out wo i just use it to convert my images into Jpegs and edit in Photoshop CS4...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
You would have to use mogrify or something like that to get your own custom watermark-or just use the standard watermark that comes with LR.

And whoryder, you must have tweaked an image setting and saved that to your 'default settings' upon every import of images so now anytime you bring them in it is doing that?

And editing your images in cs4 from LR could not be more simple, apple-shift-e brings up the export dialogue, choose all your settings, scroll down to bottom of window and there is a 'open in cs4' option and the image will automagically appear in cs4 for further editing.

I am software retarded and LR is the easiest app for me to use.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
And whoryder, you must have tweaked an image setting and saved that to your 'default settings' upon every import of images so now anytime you bring them in it is doing that?

It's exactly doing that... is there a way to restore to Factory Default?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
It's exactly doing that... is there a way to restore to Factory Default?
I beleive its in:
develop module>>Develop>>set default settings.

But before you go to that, pic a baseline image, tweak to settings that YOU want to be the new default for everything you import and set to that. Camera Calibration is the one that will usually stay constant so make sure you pick your cam profile, I have my LR profiled to each camera serial via a color card I calibrated my cams too.