Quantcast

"Like this" button...??

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
can we get a "Like" button??

if someone posts a good response someone can click like this just like facebook.

yes? no?

all in favor to "Like" and "dislike" buttons say I.... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DFY

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'll put it on the list of candidates for the upgrade. Might take a vote for it to see who else is interested.

I don't really get it - the rep button serves the same purpose to notify the poster that you liked the post, and why does anyone care to have a list of other people who "like" the post? But to each their own.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Um.. You can give some one negative rep, which is essentialy a "dislike" button. IMHO the rep system here works just fine, with the possible exception of it being a little to limited in terms of how long before you can rep someone again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If I implemented something, I'd never make it look like that - that looks horrendous. It'd be a tool-tip hovering over an image or something.

In any event, I guess the community has spoken :p

I really don't like the idea of having one more little button that's attached to every post. We already have rep, so let's stick with that. If you really need to let everyone know just how much you love a post, just say so in the thread.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Rep buttons are enough but I think we should be able to rep people more often.
Right on sister....

I'm not very free with the rep I hand out. (I only find a handful of people worthy of my rep). So I am often told that I must spread it around, even though months may have gone by since I've last repped them