Quantcast

'Lil Manimal whoopin' up on the DS course

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
took him out to the DS course yesterday. he had his first true trail ride and then we went down to the clay for the fun stuff. i'm pissed that i didn't have the camera on his first run.....i guess he's so used to hitting his ramp that he forgot that he can't pull up as hard on the 4-pack. he hit the first launch in the 4-pack at mach 1 and pulled up as hard as he could, he went so high! but then he realized that he went too high and tried to ditch the bike. he and the bike ended up landing on the face of the transistion. he cried for about 5 seconds until i told him how cool it looked :thumb:

anyhoo, here are some pics.

first trail ride....he made most of the 3/4 mile w/out stopping.

hitting the 4-pack

going way too fast over the step-down but still trying to go big

this is what happens when you go too fast over the step down and still try to go big :D (he came up all smiles from this one)

by the way, i'm putting together a vid of his progression....have footage of some seriously sweet crashes too! should be ready in a week or so.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
word, lil rippa there. so are ya'll gonna be at salem this weekend at all?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That kid rocks! Good thing youngun's are bendy. If I pulled something like that at my age I'd be busted up for a while.

Keep the pics coming.

Mike

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Very cool! I said it before and I'll say it again... Watching your kid makes me look forward to the day the GF and have one of our own.

Keep the pix coming.

:thumb:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Manimal, I want to have your baby. No, I'm serious. Is he for sale? Ebay auction maybe? That little guy is freakin' awesome! :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Salami said:
Rob, look at Manimal's sig. 'The rider formerly know as: Tubby'
rob is still the rider known as tubby. he did climb his ass off at brown mountain though. i was pretty impressed for a guy from florida.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
rob is still the rider known as tubby. he did climb his ass off at brown mountain though. i was pretty impressed for a guy from florida.
Thanks Biggins, I think Salami was referring to Manimal's name on FRS is Tubby. I did not notice.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
that is so damn cool...now you gotta take your kid to martial arts lessons so that he can learn how to roll and break his fall...cuz that picture sure looks like hes breaking it with his face.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Thanks Biggins, I think Salami was referring to Manimal's name on FRS is Tubby. I did not notice.

you got me, one in the same......and the vid from FRS is my kid too. i'll have the "feature" length one out soon. still deciding on the perfect song.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Mattoid said:
Sweet pics! That lil vid is sweet! I watched that lil kid huck that drop like 20 times with the biggest grin on my face :thumb:

holy crap! i just noticed the "times downloaded" count on the vid! at last check it was 994! man, i better hurry up and finish the good vid :thumb:

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"these 2 should be duking it out at the Redbull Rampage in about 10-15 years."

Wait a minute, I've got a two and a four year old that'll be there too!
Trouble is they think it's cool to crash, since that's what's glorified on TV.
My four year old rides singletrack that HE made, complete with options!
Keep putting them on bigger bikes, but allow them to keep the little ones too.
Beers to the future!

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
Time for some pads and a full face. How cool!

edit: I see the knee/shin pads now. Are those some old elbow/arm pads?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Evel Monkey said:
Time for some pads and a full face. How cool!

edit: I see the knee/shin pads now. Are those some old elbow/arm pads?

ha...surprised you caught that! those are my old dyno elbow/arm pads. they fit perfectly on his knees. he rarely rides w/out them and i'm glad, if he had taken some of the crashes he's had w/out those pads on i doubt he'd still be riding.